cell data network connection fails
bhami1

My Droid 3 worked fine for over a year, but for the last couple of weeks, it will only connect to the Internet via WiFi, and not through the cell network. Voice connections to the cell network work fine. Thanks for any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cell data network connection fails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bhami1,

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are only able to connect to data via WIFI connection. This is completely unacceptable. I understand the need to have the ability to connect to data no matter where you are. Let's get this fixed right away. The first step I would like you to complete is fully disabled your WIFI connections. Once this is completed, please power cycle the device. Once the device is restarted, please verify data is enabled by following the below listed steps.

Select Apps
Select Settings
Select Battery & Data Manager
Select Data Delivery
Select Data Enabled

If you are still having issues after completing the above listed steps, please let us know, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bhami1,

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are only able to connect to data via WIFI connection. This is completely unacceptable. I understand the need to have the ability to connect to data no matter where you are. Let's get this fixed right away. The first step I would like you to complete is fully disabled your WIFI connections. Once this is completed, please power cycle the device. Once the device is restarted, please verify data is enabled by following the below listed steps.

Select Apps
Select Settings
Select Battery & Data Manager
Select Data Delivery
Select Data Enabled

If you are still having issues after completing the above listed steps, please let us know, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bhami1

Thanks! "Data enabled" was turned off on that screen. Turning it on and rebooting did the trick.

Verizon's signal quality is pretty poor here at my apartment complex, even though it's on a main street just two miles from Salt Lake City airport, but that's a completely separate issue...

0 Likes