cannot receive texts from one person
amyhs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I cannot receive texts from TWO friends. This started a long time ago and we couldn' fix it, but I'm trying again.

For years I could receive their texts, then one day I couldn't and haven't been able to since then. This began 2 years or so ago and has continued through several different phones that I've had.

I can receive their phone calls, and they can receive my texts and phone calls, I just can't receive their texts. No one else in our families has any problems communicating with me or them. When one of them tries to text me, she gets this message:

8631590 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. 

I have spent hours on this problem including most recently with Verizon stage 2 tech support just last week, and my friend with the error message has on her end. We've tried deleting all records of each other on our phones and then adding them back, to no avail. Recently I went to a Verizon store about it, and they thought the problem was that some calls were blocked on my the Verizon Family Base plan part of my account, so they took that off. It didn't make any difference. One friend is on ATT, the other is Spring. They both have iPhones.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cannot receive texts from one person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can imagine that being rather frustrating! You said that they both have iPhones, what kind of phone are you using? Have you deleted them as contacts in your phone and then re-added them? Are you using the text app that came with the phone or one you have downloaded elsewhere?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
amyhs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Bryan,

I currently have an LG Enact but as I mentioned this has gone on through 2 or 3 phones that I've had. I'm using the text app that comes with the Verizon phones. Yes we have both totally deleted and then readied each other multiple times.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amyhs, thanks for those details. This is certainly quite odd that this has been going on so long and we definitely want to get to the bottom of this. Now, you stated that you have reached out to technical support and spoke with a tier two technical support representative. At this time, what actions or troubleshooting steps were taken? Are you aware if a ticket with our network technicians was ever created? As well, have you ever previously had an iPhone and are you aware if the users that are unable to message you are using iMessage?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes