cannot get voice mail to work properly.
dossimon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy 5S,  I have deleted all my voice mail messages but the screen still says there is one. When I push 7 it tells me there r none to delete. I have shut my phone down 3 times hopi g rebooting would help, but doesnt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cannot get voice mail to work properly.
Snn5
Legend

Try going to your app manager, go to ALL, scroll down to Voice Mail, tap it and tap clear cache.  This might help.

Snn5
Legend

Did that work?

0 Likes
dossimon
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, this did not work.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps you can try to take out the sim card after powering down.  Wait a min or 2 and reinsert SIM then power on.  If that doesn't work, sounds like it is another of the widespread issues and bugs in 5.0, unless you haven't updated to 5.0 yet.  On a related note, but different phone, I had a similar issue and called my VM and slowly went through option 7 to delete messages just to make sure.  I also had to have a data connection, for some reason, for the icon to disappear.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try calling your number from al landline or someone else's cell phone, and leave yourself a voicemail.  Then listen to it, delete it, and see if the "phantom" message also goes away.

0 Likes