can't tell if text are sending
cmm2002

My text are taking forever to send,and instead of having the green circle saying "sent",i just have arrows and no time it was sent..so i cant tell if anybody gets them or not!?  very flusterating lol

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't tell if text are sending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to be flusterated about your text messages cmm2002. Do you notice if you get the arrows when sending messages, is it to non-VZW phones? Usually you will only get confirmation when sending to VZW phones. If Non-VZW phones, its likely you're only going to get the arrow. If you're not getting confirmation with VZW phones, we can look into your phone settings. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Softball9009

My phone is doing this to Verizon and non Verizon customers! ANNOYING!

0 Likes
ur1payne

I found a solution. Okay so with the most recent update Verizon made the switch from sending text messages over their 1x network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g) network, hence the reason they are sending so much faster. Today I was in a classroom that is underground and has terrible reception and noticed that I was getting delivery reports again but that my texts were sending slower, like they used to. I dug around in the phones programing menu and found a new option call "MO SMS over IMS" and it was enabled. Disabling it switches your texts back onto the old 1x network. So if you choose to make the switch, your delivery reports will come back but sending will go back to being a little slower. To get to this menu open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!

0 Likes