can't receive pictures
itsmenow

I have an Android phone, why can't I receive pictures through messaging from people that have iPhones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't receive pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
itsmenow,

Lets get those pictures working! Are you able to send pictures to these people ok? Are you able to receive pictures from other Android phones? Did you use to have an iPhone?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
itsmenow

No I've never had an iPhone. this is my first smartphone a droid mini. Yes I can send pictures to iPhones and other Android phones.  yes I can receive pictures from androids.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
itsmenow, thanks for those details. Did you download a 3rd party text messaging application from the Google Play market? Are you using the stocked text messaging feature on your device?

Is Wi-Fi enabled on in Settings? If so, disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network. Tap Settings to disable Wi-Fi, power it off/on and test the picture messaging feature again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
itsmenow

very weird. No I have not downloaded a 3rd party text messaging, and I have no clue with stacked text messaging is. I shut my wifi off rebooted the phone and was able to receive a picture. So then I turned the wifi back on, and I can still get pictures now. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes