can send text but can't send photos with text
james658
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on since march 2020 when I purchased my S10e samsung smart phone. Troubleshooting and links from tech support have not fixed the problem. i can send text but can't send photos with text. I get a failed message with error "service not activated on the network" I need help! james. [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can send text but can't send photos with text
james658
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been thru every step in the troubleshooting help index on this subject. I have been thru steps with Veruzon tech support rep three times after waiting an hour each time to talk to support. Level one tech support changed my sims card, but none of thee fixed the problem. I was referred to level 2 tech support twice but they never answered the transfer from level 1. I am thinking of  changing my cell phone carrier because of poor support. I still think the problem is network activation of mms as in the error message, " service not activated on the network".  What's the solution? James Washington 7038013958

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, james658. We are very sorry do hear about the continuing issues that you have been experiencing with sending picture messages. We certainly will be happy to ensure that you are able to send text messages with pictures successfully in the end. Can you please share with us what troubleshooting steps you have completed so far to attempt to resolve this issue? Are you able to receive picture messages successfully? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
james658
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been thru every step in the troubleshooting help index on this subject. I have been thru steps with Veruzon tech support rep three times after waiting an hour each time to talk to support. Level one tech support changed my sims card, but none of thee fixed the problem. I was referred to level 2 tech support twice but they never answered the transfer from level 1. I am thinking of  changing my cell phone carrier because of poor support. I still think the problem is network activation of mms as in the error message, " service not activated on the network".  What's the solution? James Washington 7038013958

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to see you go over a situation like this, please share with us what you have done so far.CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
james658
Enthusiast - Level 2

After three months of dealing with Verizon at several levels with not success on this issue, I solved myself.

Here is my solution. Go to you account on line and manage you phone. Go block pictures from messages. Click block pictures/photo, and then unclick the block pictures. This activates the service on the network. I hope this solution works for you!

Crysduh
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was the most useful info!! My phone now can send picture texts again!! Thank you!

CindieA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where? I don't see that option.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes