can i reinstall kitkat on galaxy s4?
toontech

Lollipop is HORRIBLE. For many reasons. I want to go back to kitkat. Can a verizon store do this for me???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can i reinstall kitkat on galaxy s4?
B33
Legend

Unfortunately No.. once it's Downloaded there isn't a way to go Back there's words being said on here saying you can but No it's not like an Undo that you can perform on your computer.. the Best thing to try is running a System cache followed by a Factory Reset.. Hopefully in the coming months more updates will come about and fixed the issues that are going along with these updates..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
What has you wanting to turn back, toontech? Our friend B33 is right,there is no way to go back to Kitkat. But no worries! There are certainly plenty of steps we can help with to troubleshoot and get your phone working better. Just fill us in on those reasons so we can see what alternate steps are available. We're here for you.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
msmammypie
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is NO way to fix what is wrong with this update!  I have spent hours of lost productivity trying to get my phone set up the way I had it, which happens to be the way I liked it.  Here is my list of things to fix in this stupid upgrade:

1.  Change the screen colors back to high contrast.  We aren't all teenagers with young eyes.  The pretty colors and dim text is VERY hard for me to read.

2.  I don't need to see "verizon wireless" in the upper left corner of my lock screen.  Duh.  I have had Verizon service for years and I think I can remember.  What I want is to have the notification icons come back in that place. 

3  Speaking of lock screen notifications, I used to get a notice that I had a missed call (and who it was from) and a text message (again, who it was from) as a bar on the lock screen.  Now I can't get only those 2 notifications.  I either have to get all of the stupid notices or none - "wifi networks available", "google play store update", etc. etc.  The only way to get those to stop showing up is to turn them off completely, and then good luck remembering to check later.  Of course, that is if the app gives you the option of turning off notifications.  The WiFi service won't let you turn off the notifications!!  And by saying "hide sensitive content" the notification banner says "sensitive content hidden".  How dumb is that?  How come I can't have an option to see who the message is from???  My phone, all of these things should be MY choice.

4.  What are the ridiculous little blinking arrows at the bottom of the lock screen - I suppose something else to run down my battery faster?  Why do I need animations for the phone and camera icons and the little dots when I enter my PIN?

5.  Why can't I delete all the bloatware you load onto my phone?  I don't want your junk, and I want to be able to uninstall it, not "force stop" and have it take up room in memory.

I WANT MY PHONE BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!  This better get fixed muy frickin' pronto or I will be going down to Walmart to get a Windows phone and a prepaid card for my phone service.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It will be fixed, hopefully, when the next update comes out.  If you are unable to wait, sounds  like you have a great backup plan.

wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain.  I agree with your list. It also has my phone buggy.  No more swype because it will trace out the word but it won't put the word on the screen.  I cleared its cache and data to no avail.  Lock pattern still takes several traces before it shows on the sceen and unlocks screen. If it's apps conflicting it's apps that came with phone as I only use gas buddy and color note. I've tried deleting both of those.  No luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know your time is valuable and we certainly wouldn't want to lose you as our customer because of an update, msmammypie. Although we don't manufacture the phone or create the operating system, it's important to us that you have a phone you love and that works so you can enjoy our network. Google and Samsung have been hard at work listening to feedback about the recent update and the changes to the way things are displayed. Many of the items you listed are the design of Lollipop but your phone can be further customized through 3rd party applications in Google's Play Store. Many pre-installed applications can't be completely uninstalled but most will give the option to Uninstall Updates to the app them Disable, freeing up valuable space and allowing for the application to remain dormant on the phone until you find you may need the app. As any updates are provided by Samsung and Google for your phone, the details will be available at http://vz.to/12hDWQu.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I also experienced terrible, simply terrible Swype operation, and even Google Keyboard operation under Lollipop with an LG G2. Swype development confirmed issues with Lollipop and the LG G2. No surprise to see other makes / models being affected.

So in many respects, it's really not been an "upgrade" per se. While there are a few things about the notifications on the lockscreen I personally like, in general, the usability and responsiveness of KK was better. It was a stable product.

Ahhh, progress.

What we should have gotten was a much better tested, more mature OTA release... Perhaps 5.1.

The carriers, the OEMs, and Google need to get it together...

0 Likes
TerReuv

I hate this upgrade and would love to get rid of it too!  I am missing pictures and all the pictures in my contacts are gone.  I agree with msmammypie - I would be happy to go to another place and get another phone than deal with this crap.  I wish I had not approved the upgrade.

0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

"As any updates are provided by Samsung and Google for your phone"

Jennifer, your entire response was about "deniability". The updates might be made by Google and Samsung but they're is only one company that forced the download on their customers and it's Verizon.

Why no beta version for a huge update?  I think it's because you won't make demands from Google and Samsung, to make YOUR customers have a better update experience or your all too stupid to figure such things out.

As our carrier who makes huge profits off their customers, You (Verizon) are the most responsible.