can I get LTE speeds from verizon note 4 on cricket wireless?
bankingdom

I have a verizon note 4. Verizon told me all new LTE phones with sim cards are carrier unlocked. So that means that I can take my verizon branded phone over to cricket wireless BUT

For LTE, Verizon uses bands 4 (1700) and 13 (700). Band 13 is Verizon's primary LTE band. Band 4, which Verizon markets as XLTE, is used to provide increased speed and capacity in urban areas.

And Cricket (ATT) uses bands 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 5 (850) and 17 (700). Band 17 is AT&T's primary LTE band. Bands 2, 4 and 5 are used in areas where AT&T doesn't own any band 17 spectrum and also in combination with band 17 in urban areas to increase capacity and speeds.

How do I find out what bands the Galaxy Note 4 is able to use?

I don't want to get voice calls but not take advantage of LTE speeds because the verizon Galaxy note 4 does not have the LTE bands that ATT (Cricket) uses.

Any help???

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can I get LTE speeds from verizon note 4 on cricket wireless?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns about LTE devices being unlocked bankingdom! While Verizon Wireless LTE/4G devices are unlocked we can only guarantee service with our network as they are specifically designed to work on our superior network. You can find answers to your questions regarding bands at this link http://vz.to/1yPaRLa if click on the Tech Specs and scroll down to the Network section.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns about LTE devices being unlocked bankingdom! While Verizon Wireless LTE/4G devices are unlocked we can only guarantee service with our network as they are specifically designed to work on our superior network. You can find answers to your questions regarding bands at this link http://vz.to/1yPaRLa if click on the Tech Specs and scroll down to the Network section.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Cricket is a Sprint prepaid network.   In order to get more LTE bands, I  suggest you try a Verizon Prepaid for better service.

NET 10, Straight talk or Trac phone come to mind.

0 Likes