camera not working
Ladypol1

The camera is not working on my NEW Samsung Stratosphere. The video is not working either. Tried removing the battery etc with no luck. Is this a common issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: camera not working
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning Ladypol1,

The Samsung Stratosphere is an excellent device! As a matter of fact, I just bought one for my mother in law for Christmas! Based on the information that you have provided, the next step would be a factory reset. As always, I encourage that you back up all of your personal info prior to performing this reset. Contacts can be saved using backup assistant and calendar entries can be archived using your Gmail account. Here's a link to perform the factory reset on the Samsung Stratosphere.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47757

Once you have performed the factory reset, the device would need to be re-setup. This process is fairly simple as there is a tutorial to walk through the activation process. Once the device has been setup, please retry the camera and the video function on the device. If the issue is resolved then congratulations! If not then please reply to this message as I am eager to further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Re: camera not working
asimpleheart87

I'm also having a problem with my camera.  The camera on the front works fine.  The 5 megapixel on the back shows a view of strange colors and lines going through it.  At first I thought it was stuck in "cartoon" mode because it looks very similar, but it is not on that setting.  It will not take a picture.  It will record on video, but the view has the same problem.  I tried taking out the battery and doing a factory reset.  Still no luck...  It hasn't been dropped or exposed to water.  I'm disappointed. I've only had the phone for 12 days.  If I'd known I would have this kind of problem, I would have stuck with my Droid X.  

Guess I'll be going to Verizon tomorrow.

0 Likes