calls going straight to voicemail
nancyjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

As pf this past weekend my husband cannot call my Verizon cellphone on his Verizon cellphone - it goes directly into voicemail - does not tell me I missed a call - but does show I have a voicemail.  If he calls from the house phone - it rings.  We have had our phones since the end of December 2012 and never had this problem until this weekend.  He gets my calls when I call from my cellphone to his - but I don't get his.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: calls going straight to voicemail
newdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Nancyjr Not sure what type of phone you have but I had the same issue with my older Droid Incredible. What I found out was that I had blocked my wife's cell from calling me under my contacts there was an option that allows you to send that particular caller into Voice mail. If that is selected for your Husband on your phone simply uncheck it and have him call you. Good luck and hope this info helps.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked his contact in the phone and verified it isn't set up to go straight to voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
newdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Nancyjr Not sure what type of phone you have but I had the same issue with my older Droid Incredible. What I found out was that I had blocked my wife's cell from calling me under my contacts there was an option that allows you to send that particular caller into Voice mail. If that is selected for your Husband on your phone simply uncheck it and have him call you. Good luck and hope this info helps.

nancyjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had a chance to check my husband's phone - he works nights and I work days - so I only see him on the weekends.How do you set a phone to go to voicemail. I looked at mine and I couldn't find a way to do that.Nancy

0 Likes
nancyjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Android and so does my husband. I haven't had a chance to look at his phone - he works nights and I work days.But I don't see how you could have a call go to voicemail - so I don't know if I can figure out how to check it out.ThanksNancy

0 Likes
newdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Nancyjr. I found this very helpful link that should remedy your issue. Hope this helps Good Luck.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57374942-285/how-to-send-annoying-callers-directly-to-voice-mail...

0 Likes
nancyjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much - it was my phone - I don't know how it got checked - since I didn't even know you could do it - but I took the check off and now I am getting his calls.Thanks again.Nancy

0 Likes
SS1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the exact same problem. I can call my husband from my Verizon cell phone. But when he calls me from his Verizon cell phone it goes straight to voice mail. I have not blocked his number. I have not silenced his number. I do not have do not disturb set. The rest of the family can call me from their Verizon cell phones. It’s just affecting his calls. What I’m the world is going on?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your husband to be able to call you. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes