calls from 900142 number..should Verizon be blocking this number?
crebman

Dear Community,

this is my first time posting and I am not certain if this is the correct place. I have been receiving multiple calls from this "900142" to which I was not able to answer nor call back. Having said this yesterday I had the opportunity to answer this call and it turns out it is a scam being run out of some foreign country as the callers attempted to have my directly connect my computer to a website called www.us03.tk. I asked to have a call back number in case i got disconnected and was supplied with 213-487-3856. The initial tech name supplied was Annie and when i called the name was Stanley. In either case this is FRAUD and if you follow their instructions they will upload malicious software on your computer and then charge you a lot of money to fix (or so I have learned from other reports on the web). I bring this up for a few reasons. First, in the event you experience this type of call that you do not follow the instructions. Second, in the hopes that you will share this information with friends and family so they do not get afflicted or taken by these malicious characters. Third, if you have experienced such a call can you post on this list as to generate to Verizon the significance of this intrusion. Lastly, if anyone has any other ideas as how to stop unsolicited calls from unreturnable numbers. I cannot help to feel that as Verizon is the manager of the network they should have the ability to monitor and control the types of communications sent and received. At the very least there should not be any anonymous calls that cannot be traced to anyone. thanks for reading.

best,

carl

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: calls from 900142 number..should Verizon be blocking this number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to prevent unwanted calls from calling you crebman! I do apologize you are experiencing this on your phone. Although we don't have a way to block a number unless it's 10 digits long, I want to provide you with a few options I have done and worked. Have you registered your number to the Do Not Call list? This can be an option to prevent calls from coming in. What make/model phone do you have? You can try adding this number as a contact and forwarding to Voice mail or even block the contact from your device.
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: calls from 900142 number..should Verizon be blocking this number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to prevent unwanted calls from calling you crebman! I do apologize you are experiencing this on your phone. Although we don't have a way to block a number unless it's 10 digits long, I want to provide you with a few options I have done and worked. Have you registered your number to the Do Not Call list? This can be an option to prevent calls from coming in. What make/model phone do you have? You can try adding this number as a contact and forwarding to Voice mail or even block the contact from your device.
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!