buying a used 4g phone
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

So lets say you buy /trade a basic phone and some cash for a 4g phone on craigslist ( this person no longer wants to pay for data) and the person you trade with activates his used basic phone on his account immediately and I swap the sim card from my droid razr into the phone I that I received from this person, Does this also transfer ownership of both devices? Both phones are up and running without a single problem, but I started thinking and if this other person stops paying his bill does verizon block the esn on the basic phone on his account or both phones?

It seems that with all the used newer phones floating around for sale this has been covered somewhere .

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: buying a used 4g phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the person activated a different basic device on their line and you put your SIM card from Razr in the "new" phone. If the basic phone you also traded was deactivated, the the transfer of ownership should be completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: buying a used 4g phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the person activated a different basic device on their line and you put your SIM card from Razr in the "new" phone. If the basic phone you also traded was deactivated, the the transfer of ownership should be completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes