block lolipop from installing on note 3
automan707
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I block lolipop 5.0 from installing and destroying my Note 3 ? Everything works and looks great with kitkat. Why do I have to play these games with Verizon ? So abnoxous and irritating. I told them "no thanks" for the last update, and now ......"they're back"..... again and with no manners... bugging me every few mins to update my o.s. [removed]

Content was removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: block lolipop from installing on note 3
Klue
Master - Level 1

Well now that you vented time to get to work.  This update is coming to your phone whether you like it or not. You can just let the update install itself and hope that there will be no problems afterwards, very dumb idea, or you can put in some beforehand work and get much better results. That beforehand work is to back everything up and do a full factory data reset. I know, I know, I know you shouldn't have to do that, but this update is large, complicated and it will install much better on a fresh phone. I did this as some others here and have had no problems. Just remember not to reload your app data from a backup. Reload them all from the play store.

Good Luck.

Tbird157
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine updated and turned my phone into a worthless paper weight.

I'm a first responder and work search and rescue and I can't be tethered to a charger all day.  My phone would last all day with no problems until this update.  They have sent three replacement phones and all have had the same problem.  Spent around 10 hours on the phone with tech support and several hours on the phone with Samsung and Google.  I can't wait around for someone to come up with a fix, I need a working phone now.

I just got off the phone with support and had them tell me that now my extended warranty I pay for they will no longer honor.  I see now that customer support is only good when its convenient for Verizon not for customers that pay over $300.00 per month.  I get told I should "buy" a new phone if I want one to work.  I don't feel anyone who's phone isn't working like it should due to the phone companies doing should have to be forced into buying a new one.  That they are responsible and should make their mistake right or not get paid until they do so.  I bought three smart phones at full price and now you are telling me to buy another one???  I didn't break this one, you did.  Fix it or replace it.

mama23dogs
Legend

All carriers are taking the stand that the phone is ours.  By the contract we signed, that is true.

One question....when sending in for warranty, do they ask you to keep the battery and back?

if you want it fixed right, deal with Samsung.  You can start with the Desk at Best Buy.

BTW.  for the most part, the update was flawless.  Only a tiny percentage of phones are effected negatively by updates

It doesn't seem that way when it's your phone. 

MY note 3 took 2 hours to update over wifi, which is very slow, but it works perfectly.  No battery problems.

0 Likes
Tbird157
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought mine at the local Verizon store.  When I took it in to them about the battery lasting only 6 hours their offer for a fix was "ten dollars off a external battery pack".  I go from being able to last over 24 hours to less than 6 hours due to your "update" and that is your answer?  Verizon is going to go out of business with customer service like that.

0 Likes
nothinghere

Same here. My is a dead stick also. Samsung told me I can get it fixed if I pay. Verizon says its out of warrenty

I did nothing wrong I updated the OS to Lollipop and it has been a slow build to now a useless phone.

Sprint does pay off your remaining account but they are horrible.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Tbird157

I asked if you were still using the original battery, (they usually ask you to keep it when you send in a phone for warranty repair)

A factory data reset and a new battery would be the first thing I would have tried.   FDR requires wifi and may take several hours to download and install software over wifi.  

SAmsung desk at Best Buy may be able to help with this.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

tony bologna

Samsung has extended warranty repair for update related problems for many customers. 

AS long as the only issue is the update, not physical damage to the phone.

I also suggest you start at the Samsung desk at Best Buy.

0 Likes
Tbird157
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no physical damage to the phone yet...  I tried another battery with the same problems and the Samsung desk at Best Buy was no help at all.

0 Likes
automan707
Enthusiast - Level 1

since verizon is moderating.. let me just state a few facts.. Lollipop 5.0 harmed my galaxy S5. and a frends note 4. they are  not working as nicely or as good as they were.BEFORE THE UPDATE.  besides the UGLY INTERFACE..on several screens... Battery life has been cut in half. stuttering and lags.. misses sms messages, had to show on my note 3 that I did indeed send message but the S5 only registered half of the messages. It also ERASE ALL THE S NOTE files, so good luck with that. Print out or backup SNOTE files !!! I actually use my snotes instead of paper. so NOT HAPPY about that !!!  I got a push ad touting verizon on facebook and over 6000+ hate comments below it. Just a few phones that did not like the update ? .. sure sure 5.0 is like ebola to older phones. . Verizon owns my phone ? Well once my contract is up, I will own my phone and a new sim card from another carrier is going in its place. Just so very unnecessary to do this to PAYING CUSTOMERS. They have gotten a bit too bold for their own good. Just do not have the time to baby sit and beta test this nonsense. Will be sending mail to appropriate authorities / regulators about this scam. I am NOT buying a S6 or an IPHONE 6 !!! On top of that Verizon pushed a gig of files on my DATA PLAN after I cut off my WI-FI when it was trying to update.... Meaning I paid for them to use my bandwidth, THAT I PAY FOR !! Do you hear me now Verizon ?

0 Likes