battery life stinks after latest update
serena_b
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having issues with their battery life after the last update? The life of the battery in my Note 2 is about half of what it was before. I have the screen on energy saver. Wifi and GPS are off. 

Here are the readings:

Screen...47%

OS....21%

android system...7%

standby... 7%

kingsoft...7%

device idle....4%

weather widget main....2%

The battery is usually at about 50% (GPS and Wifi on), but now, it is at 10% and discharging fast at 7PM (with GPS and Wifi off).  The phone is less than 6 months old.

What do I do the fix this?

Thx for your help

serena_b

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: battery life stinks after latest update
RickWS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anything that runs in the back ground eats battery life and the new update just turned some of those I had turned off back on and I think added a couple. One thing I did notice was with the Android update to 4.4 it turned some of the uninstallables into un-installables, YES! So first thing go to Apps / Tap Menu Tap Uninstall/disable application you will see a bunch of minus signs next to the applications icon, start tapping the apps you don't want don't use, if not sure leave it no pressure here. When done here goes the Techie (sort of) fun stuff. Start with going to Settings / More Tab / Application Manager / All Tab and you are going to see more app stuff here you want to stop making some of these apps that are always using wi-fi and the like and in general using battery to perform their duties. E-Mail updates eat battery you can turn these off unless you like your phone making noise and everytime you get one, now don't get excited now but here what you have to do is shut them down and they dissapear to the Turned Off TAB.. Once you get familiar with this you will beable to fine tune what uses your battery and when.

One other soulution, and now this is where I sound like a salesman. I bought for a little less than the original battery, a ZeroLemon Extended Life battery through Amazon, which has turned out to be a really great place to get stuff. In my Galaxy S3 it lasted 5 days down to 1% when I was going to see how long I could get it to last but normally 3 days no problem. Same size battery in my Galaxy S4 2 days no problem can't get past 3 days though that should say something for the S4 being a BATTERY HOG.

Hope this has helped in some way.

God is

RickS

serena_b
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll try these things. Thanks for the help. I wish they wouldn't put so much stuff on the phone. Is there a place on the phone that will tell me what has been recently added?

0 Likes
jovercash

I am experiencing the same fast battery depletion since the Verizon software update.  However, I have isolated my issue to my bluetooth headset.  The battery level drops when the headset is simply on and bluetooth enabled.  If I turn off the headset, the battery takes all day to deplete, which is what I was used to seeing.  It appears that the phone is communicating with the bluetooth device even if it is not performing its duty.

0 Likes