battery drains fast
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

my samsung galaxy s5 has recently decided to have battery issues. I am not on my phone while I am at work except to check for missed calls and missed messages when i am on a break. I was at work today for over 4 hours without touching my phone and had it on silent. When i got to work my battery was 100 percent full and when i got off my battery was completely dead? how is this happening? is this a lollipop issue? someone help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: battery drains fast
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

buzzeswoman2008,  I am truly sorry to hear that you are no longer enjoying your device. Given the issues you are having with battery I would suggest performing a factory reset of your device. Please make sure you have all your information backed up before performing the factory reset. One option to back up your information is through the VZW Clould. Check out the details of the Cloud here... http://vz.to/1s6sT8i Once everything is backed up here are the steps to perform a factory reset... http://vz.to/1pAwqkR  LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Mod Added:

The Samsung Software Repair Assistant is designed to correct these issues.

Please complete the Verizon Cloud backup process before starting the Software Repair Assistant process

Software Update: Galaxy S 5 by Samsung | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Maybe...

what does it say used battery?

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

it was saying wifi was the most using the battery but it wasn't that much wifi being used..do i need to go into the verizon store and have the tech support look at it?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

HHmmmm.  If wifi is on and searching while you are at work, and it can't find one, it should default to cellular and stop searching.  That isn't right. 

Yes.  Have it checked out.  Meanwhile, turn wifi off if you are not connected.  I find my battery uses up quicker on cellular only, but if searching for wifi, I can see battery running itself low.

is the phone updated to newer OS?

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

yes i updated to lollipop....im wondering if i should just get rid of lollipop and reinstall it?? but i dont want to lose any messages or pics on my phone

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support i have done nothing on my phone today but reply to a couple of text messages and my battery is already drained down to 80% after taking it off the charger only an hour and a half ago...how is this possible? especially since i have a strong connection to my home wifi? please help my phone is only a few months old and since the lollipop update ive had nothing but problems with my battery draining.

0 Likes
MA67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm suddenly having a lot of problems with my Droid battery also.  Had a recent update.  When I go into battery to see what's running, there is an app called RCS running as high as 39 percent at times.  Went to Verizon and it's part of the update and can't install it.  RCS doesn't show up as an app, only in the battery.  Was this installed on your phone?  I can't figure out what is draining my battery and neither can Verizon.

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

no that wasn't installed on my phone. if it wasn't past my 14 day return i would change and get the droid turbo. which i am tempted to do if it doesn't cost me anything. Ive only had my phone for about 3 and a half months. this is rediculous that with this "lolliflop" update that my phone has decided to suck. and as of now since its been off the charger for only 2 hours my phone is at 50 percent battery...again have barely touched it.

0 Likes
MA67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm assuming it's from RCS app.  Maybe it's not.  wondering if lollipop downloaded on my Droid and is what is causing all these problems.  My phone was running great.  Have had it for 7 months and until recently my battery lasted a day to a day and a half with me using it a lot.  now it doesn't even get through half a day and I'm not using it as much.

buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

same here. i talked to tech support online and they said to do a master reset and that should fix it. How do i backup   my text messages though so i dont lose them? or how do i do a reset without losing anything i downloaded?

0 Likes