automatic voicemail password
bckyrdmchnc

Is there a way to program the phone to dial the password automatically after dialing the voicemail number? I was able to do this on my previous phones, inc. the Dare and the Storm.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: automatic voicemail password
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

go to your Voicemail contact and then edit the contact.

1.  after the "*86" you want to put a couple pauses after it by initiating the virtual keyboard (tap the dialogue box that has the *86)

2.  Choose the "*#(" button (lower left hand corner button)

3.  Select the "Pause" button, i do a couple pauses, you could do one, your peference

4.  Enter your password followed by a "#" sign

0 Likes
Mooney

From the Home Page, click on the Menu Key,then Settings,then Call Settings,then Voicemail Settings which will bring up your "Voicemail number"  window which will have *86 already entered. Touch the box with the *86 and the dial pad will pop up. In the lower left corner of the dial pad is the box showing * # ( . Touch that box  and click on the Pause button a few times(I use four of them) followed by your password and then the # sign. Click on Done in the lower right corner of the dial pad and finally  touch OK in the popup window to complete. Saving your voicemail password has nothing to do with your "Contacts" list. Good luck.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Mooney wrote:

From the Home Page, click on the Menu Key,then Settings,then Call Settings,then Voicemail Settings which will bring up your "Voicemail number"  window which will have *86 already entered. Touch the box with the *86 and the dial pad will pop up. In the lower left corner of the dial pad is the box showing * # ( . Touch that box  and click on the Pause button a few times(I use four of them) followed by your password and then the # sign. Click on Done in the lower right corner of the dial pad and finally  touch OK in the popup window to complete. Saving your voicemail password has nothing to do with your "Contacts" list. Good luck.

actually, saving the voicemail password does have to do with the "contacts" list.  doing it through the contacts lists enables you to add a shortcut to your home screen so you dont have to go through any extra steps to gain access to your voicemail.  i place the voicemail shortcut in a position on my home screen that way if i am driving i dont have to look down and press extra buttons, just turn on phone, press shortcut icon.

Re: automatic voicemail password on Eris?
necofurtim

I tried to follow these steps to set up my password on the HTC Eris but I don't have the option for adding a "pause"
Is this even possible on this phone or will I have to wait for a OS update?

0 Likes
Re: automatic voicemail password on Eris?
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

necofurtim wrote:

I tried to follow these steps to set up my password on the HTC Eris but I don't have the option for adding a "pause"
Is this even possible on this phone or will I have to wait for a OS update?

did you try both ways or just one?  the way i describe actually works on the Lg enV3 as well.  with the moto droid, i use this method and just add the voicemail contact as a shortcut on my homescreen instead of accessing the phone app then clicking the voicemail icon.

0 Likes
Packman49

On the Droid Eris keyboard upper right are two keys, P and W for Pause and Wait. These show when you edit a number and selecting P will allow you to add your password followed by # and then you should be able to access your voice mail automatically. With some phone systems I've had to add PP then the extension. it does work fine though.

Packman49

0 Likes
AJAA
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the Orbic flip phone, i got into the voicemail number (*86) and tried adding two pauses (**) followed by the passcode and #.  No matter how many times I responded “yes” to “save number”, it didnt save it and reverts back to the original *86. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes