apps for droid eris
djps55
Enthusiast - Level 3

what apps should i download(free/needed)also i see some users writing that they have anti-virus apps,is that needed on a phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: apps for droid eris
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

djps55 wrote:

what apps should i download(free/needed)also i see some users writing that they have anti-virus apps,is that needed on a phone?

Here is a thread of recommend apps-->30 must have apps Some users also posted other apps too. Just read the desciption of the app and see if it fits your needs/wants.

About anto-virus, there is a free app called Lookout Mobile Security. It blocks viruses, walware & scans SD card. You can have it set to scan for virus's at a certain time every day.  The app also backs up  your contacts, pictures and call history.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

You do not need an anti-virus app on the phone.

I'm not sure if you're looking for apps that you should install on the phone or just good apps in general. But there have been some threads about this before. Try searching and maybe you'll find some other suggestions.

As for me, I have a Motorola Droid. But some apps that I like are Twidroid (for Twitter), chompSMS (as a replacement to the stock messenger), Movies, Weatherbug, and ColorNote.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

djps55 wrote:

Here is a thread of recommend apps-->30 must have apps Some users also posted other apps too. Just read the desciption of the app and see if it fits your needs/wants.

About anto-virus, there is a free app called Lookout Mobile Security. It blocks viruses, walware & scans SD card. You can have it set to scan for virus's at a certain time every day.  The app also backs up  your contacts, pictures and call history.

0 Likes
djps55
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks for the info.i downloaded the lookout mobile app.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I just have to suggest that you avoid task killers, they aren't necessary and tend to cause more problems than they solve. Anyway, here's a list of my favorite apps (in the order they were listed in my downloads) Lookout (yes, TheGreatOne heard about that from me, recommendation thief, lol) Handcent SMS (texting app comp to chompSMS, I just happened to try this first and really like it's customizability) Screebl (keeps your screen on until you set your phone down) Armored Strike Online (best game in the market, also has a free version but worth the money) Last.FM (personalized streaming music) Soundhound (music identifier, will even recognize hummed or whistled songs) EStrongs file explorer (allows you to move, delete, copy, etc. files on your SD card, also can install non-market apps. I've heard Astro is good also) 3 (search under cubed, music player) Dolphin browser HD (replacement web browser) Advanced Audio Manager (changes volumes to preset levels when you connect/disconnect a headset or bluetooth, such as muting media volume so you don't blow your external speaker) Have fun exploring and customizing your phone
0 Likes