Re: anyone recieve the lollipop updatw for nexus 7 2013 lte?
mr_stealth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it's the same issue that this thread was created tor.  The fact that Verizon's update approval process greatly delays, and in many cases completely blocks, users from receiving updates.  If this can be worked around for those experiencing severe delays (even long after Verizon has approved/rolled out updates), support really should inform users of temporarily removing the device's SIM to accomplish that.

The absolute worst case of this was how Verizon handled build LRX22G (5.0.2) for the Nexus 7.  I understand that the build had some major issues, and that its rollout needed to be stopped.  But many customers (like myself) did receive that update during its brief availability.  When 5.1.1/LMY48L did roll out in mid August, the only customers receiving it were those still on 4.4.4.  Anyone that had installed 5.0.2/LRX22G was stuck on that build unless they sideloaded or removed/swapped their SIM card.  Verizon completely failed to approve/push the updates to get from 5.0.1/LRX22G to 5.1.1/LMY48L, leaving us stranded on a build that was known to potentially render devices useless.

Making this entire situation worse, is the fact that his all happened during a time when the series of Stagefright exploits were still being patched.  So not only were customers stuck on a build that had the potential to brick their device, but were stuck on a build that had major known security vulnerabilities that Verizon was preventing them from patching.

Verizon's current rollout process for Google's monthly security updates does seem to be much improved over other update rollouts.  But there is still much work to be done to insure that those updates get approved for all builds that customers could potentially be running.  I did receive build LMY48U quite promptly after Google released it, but only because I had forced my tablet (via sideloading multiple OTAs) to update from LRX22G to LMY48L.  Had I not done that, I would have been stuck on LRX22G indefinitely.

Johnie63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night I received OTA 6.01 on my Nexus 7 LTE 2013

creator
Contributor - Level 2

I got that as well about 2 weeks ago

0 Likes