any way to remove the kitkat update? Once I downloaded the KitKat upgrade, i was unable to read text messages or MMS messages. Battery life really short, and now I'm unable to get it to load, phone is unusable.
jmgerlach

Once I downloaded the KitKat upgrade, i was unable to read text messages or MMS messages. Battery life really short, and now I'm unable to get it to load, phone is unusable. took phone into the Version store, and they were not able to get it to work either..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: any way to remove the kitkat update? Once I downloaded the KitKat upgrade, i was unable to read text messages or MMS messages. Battery life really short, and now I'm unable to get it to load, phone is unusable.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't go back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: any way to remove the kitkat update?  Once I downloaded the KitKat upgrade, i was unable to read text messages or MMS messages. Battery life really short, and now I'm unable to get it to load, phone is unusable.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are experiencing these problems with your phone, jmgerlach. While you are unable to load a previous software, we can do some troubleshooting to find a solution. What kind of phone do you have?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: any way to remove the kitkat update? Once I downloaded the KitKat upgrade, i was unable to read text messages or MMS messages. Battery life really short, and now I'm unable to get it to load, phone is unusable.
jmgerlach

I have 3 Motorola M on my account, one updated correctly, and one has not been updated to the new version.  I have since taken the broken phone into the store, and they customer support people were not able to get it to load as well.  Pretty much told me there is nothing they can do to make it work again, But I can buy a new phone at full price since I still have 6 months on my contract.  Oh that's nice, I can see having to pay full price if the phone was broken by something I did, but not because of a software update. Its very frustrating and not right!

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are in violation of their own contract - we, as paying VERIZON customers, pay VERIZON for services we no longer get - like phones that ring, or the ability to text, internet connection,  or their "amazing" 4G network...this upgrade completely rendered my phone useless. I literally cannot receive a phone call - and 3 phone calls to customer support got me nowhere.  Their official party line is that they had no control over the "upgrade".   I smell a civil suit and am fully on board.

0 Likes