any way to remove apps after update on Ally
dmkimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone (LG Ally) performance has greatly improved with the last update but, I would like to be able to uninstall the apps they added like skype, corporate calendar, ect. I do use advanced task killer and have set up the auto kill, but skype stills seems to run and drain my battery down if I don't keep checking on it. :smileymad: I also keep getting low space messages and have had to remove apps that I do want to use instead of being able to free up space by deleting the apps that I don't need! Very frustrating! :smileymad: Even after deleting some and making more room the message will come back after a few days has anyone one else experienced this??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: any way to remove apps after update on Ally
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

You can remove apps by going to settings-->applications-->manage apps-->Scroll to the app you want to remove & tap it-->uninstall. 

You cannot remove/uninstall pre-installed apps.

0 Likes
godezofwar925
I don't want skype cause it always runs eating my battery. Please help to remove.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You can't remove stock apps that were included by verizon without voiding your warranty. Also, the only reason skype is eating your battery is because you keep trying to kill it. An app will always use more battery when killed improperly. Having an app idle in memory doesn't use any more battery than completely empty memory and, when that memory space is needed for another app, skype will be removed from memory. I would suggest that you disable ATK, it's unnecessary and task killers don't work how they claim to.
0 Likes