android update 5.0 samsung note 3 chaos
antkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

The telephone updated up couple of days ago. Ever since then I cannot connect to the internet. I get the message "internet has stopped working". And it closes. The phone started going crazy sending in comprehensible messages and dialing people at random. I could not stop it until I powered off the phone. I do not like the lollipop update at all. How do I get back to kitkat? Help ! !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: android update 5.0 samsung note 3 chaos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
antkar, this is not what we like to hear. I want to make sure that your device is working like it should. Once the software update has been completed on the device there is not a way to go back to the older software. I would recommend on trying to run the software repair assistant on the phone. You can get those steps by following this link: http://spr.ly/65807Rmk
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
antkar, this is not what we like to hear. I want to make sure that your device is working like it should. Once the software update has been completed on the device there is not a way to go back to the older software. I would recommend on trying to run the software repair assistant on the phone. You can get those steps by following this link: http://spr.ly/65807Rmk
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
antkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, after some close observation of how I was connecting to the internet and it was STAYING CONNECTED, I found that I have to use the CHROME APP.  If I used the Intenet app, it WILL NOT stay connected!  Even if by using the internet app I would surf with the Google Chrome browser. I guess they are trying to force us to use Chrome. Maybe some others have already figured this out, but just in case not, try using the Chrome App.  This has worked magnificently for several days now.  Good luck!

0 Likes
antkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not tried your suggestion because it is now working perfectly.  See my post below. Thank you.

0 Likes