android to iPhone texting problems
mrsmlhanson15

I just switched from an iPhone 5c

to an s3 mini.  I had to restart it to finish the setup and now I can't send or receive messages from my iPhone using friends and family!  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: android to iPhone texting problems
rcschnoor
Legend

You should be able to turn on the iPhone and deregister iMessage via wifi, I believe.

You can also do this via the Apple website HERE.

It may take awhile for the iPhones of your contacts to recognize your iMessage acct has been deactivated.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrsmlhanson15, I know receiving your messages is important so let's look into this! Have you ensured that on your previous phone the iMessages feature is turned off? What happens when your friends try to send you a text message? Do they receive any type of error message?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrsmlhanson15

Does it matter if We didn't use my iPhone SIM card. We used the SIM card

from my previous droid. Would I have to reactivate my iPhone, shut I

messages off and then reactivate my droid?

On Mar 3, 2015 7:37 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You can only have one active SIM card at a time.  so, only one phone.  The other phone will act as an iPod touch - wifi only and no calls or SMS. 

Not sure sure what you are trying to do???

rcschnoor
Legend

You should be able to turn on the iPhone and deregister iMessage via wifi, I believe.

You can also do this via the Apple website HERE.

It may take awhile for the iPhones of your contacts to recognize your iMessage acct has been deactivated.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, mrsmlhanson15. You should use the SIM card that is designed for the Android. Do you still have that SIM card? If not, you can stop by a corporate store location to get a free SIM card. This link shows you how to deactivate iMessage without having to activate the iPhone all over again http://bit.ly/1HPveQd. Please let us know how that works for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrsmlhanson15

I got it figured out! Thanks!

On Mar 5, 2015 7:21 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's awesome, mrsmlhanson15! Happy to hear that all is working now. If you ever need us, we are here to help out!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes