android 4 and zedge
SilviaDraco013

I have an android 4 and i downloaded Zedge onto it so I can get ringtones.  While helping me figure out my alarm clock she accidentally clicked "always" when the choice was given to choose between using android tones (which she choose ) and zedge tones. I was told that I can get that choice back. So I searched online and I kept running into go to applications/all/android settings/ clear default. When I follow those instructions the "clear Default" key is greyed out. How can I get that choice back again without having to uninstall and lose all my zedge tones?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: android 4 and zedge
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Settings > applications > all tab > scroll down to settings storage > select it and touch the "clear defaults" button. The "settings storage" might not be the right name. You might have to check around to find the right application/process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you provide us more information about the phone you are using?  Android 4.x is on a lot of the Verizon phones Depending on the phone the interface layer that it put onto Android may be different for example, Touchwiz (Samsung), Sense (hTc), and so on. 

0 Likes
android 4 and zedge
SilviaDraco013

Sure my phone is a Motorola Droid 4. Android version 4.1.2

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Settings > applications > all tab > scroll down to settings storage > select it and touch the "clear defaults" button. The "settings storage" might not be the right name. You might have to check around to find the right application/process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SilviaDraco013

Everywhere I look tells me to do something like that. Whether it's settings storage or  android system and hit "clear default"  that key is always greyed out. I'm stuck on the origional driod tones that automatically come with the phone and I don't want to always use it. I used to be able to choose between using the droid tones or my zedge tones. When I could choose all I had to do is either click "always" or Just Once". I would always click "just once" now I can't and my frind doesnt rememer how she fixed her problem when she did it to her phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try uninstalling the Zedge application and reinstalling it after rebooting the phone in between. That might clear the default and force the phone to start asking you again.

Personally I usually would use Zedge to only find and save the ringtone files to the appropriate notification folder and then use the Android default selection list to make my choice of which ringtone to use.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah uninstalling Zedge will not erase the tones I have even done a backup and reset and the tones themselves are still there but Zedge won't be. For some reason though Zedge becomes one of the choices the phone asks when you go to change a notification sound. It did that on my Galaxy S III and on my hTc Incredible 1.

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
android 4 and zedge
SilviaDraco013

Well I uninstalled zedge then reinstalled it and got my choice back now I have another problem. it's giving me a pop up to restore defaults whenever I select zedge and "just once". after that it doesn't do a thing. any ideas? the box comes up after I'm given the choice of android tones or zedge with "always" or "just once" so I click zedge and "just once" then it gives me another biox titled choose ringtone restore default "cancel" or "okay" what can be done here? As of right now I can't use the tones I found on zedge not even for my alarms which I could before my friend made her mistake.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide a screenshot of this dialog box?

0 Likes
Islandgirl87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem. If anyone can help, please do.

0 Likes