advanced calling not compatible with ringback tones
pinkdiamondracing

When is  Verizon going to fix this issue? Caller Id and ringback tones not working with advanced calling

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: advanced calling not compatible with ringback tones
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

While advanced calling does have it's plusses (simultaneous voice and data, and supposedly better call quality), it's still a new endeavor, not available everywhere, and glitchy at times.  Calls drop entirely if you move from a 4G to a 3G signal area, and then there's the incompatibility with the ringback tones and other Verizon "features". 

Who knows when this will be addressed, or if the services will ever be "compatible"?  For now you need to decide which feature set is a priority for you and turn the Advanced calling on or off, depending on your needs.  It's not an answer, I realize, but the real answer to your question of "When is Verizon going to fix this" - is that no one on this forum can tell you that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Considering I hate ringback tones but thankfully haven't been exposed to them when calling people for over five years, I would rather see people drop the ringback tone feature from their account if they want advanced calling.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Legend

I haven't heard a ringback in a long while either.  They were never properly optimized in quality for the caller to hear the song without garbled over-amplification.  Besides, the ringback purchaser doesn't hear the ringback anyway, and not all callers want to hear a song instead of a ring.

However, individual caller tones should be heard whether AC is enabled or not.

0 Likes