a bunch of things i'm confused about-help!
Alextini

Okay, so I've decided on the droid but I've always been on a shared plan. I'm going to get get a debit card tomorrow, put my money into the bank, and go to verizon. But now I'm hearing that because I don't have credit I have to give verizon a security amount? Also, for the droid, do you have to pay for every single app or is there  a plan that covers it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: a bunch of things i'm confused about-help!
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

If you have insufficient credit or bad credit, then it is possible that you will have to pay up to $1000 security deposit.  Just depends on your credit score.  As for apps, there are alot of free apps in the marketplace.  There are some for purchase, different amounts.  You will have to pay for each of those apps with a credit card as they cannot be added to your bill like ringtones and ringback tones can.  Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Alextini

It does, thanks! There's no way I can pay 1000 for anything right now. I have no credit, never had a card or anything. I don't know what I should do now. My dare is seriously on its way out, it shuts off all the time. And I'm sick of just touch screen. I want a keyboard again so badly!

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

You may want to check out the pre-paid plans and see if one of those would suit you.  You do not need credit for those.

0 Likes
Alextini

But that limits me to what phone I can get, yes?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

My son started a contract with no credit at 18... Verizon made him pay $400, but he got that back with interest 12 months later.

0 Likes
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

You can get any phone without the contract and do a month-to-month plan with the only exception being that you have to pay full price for the device.  For the Droid, it's $559 but it avoids credit checks and will allow for you to get the same features as a regular plan, just monthly.  Keep in mind that I've had a phone on a month to month for work and they never checked my credit but it's been a while so you may want to call the store to make sure.

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1
Just curious, but are looking to move your line from a family share you're on now to it's own account? I know you mentioned you have a Dare already so I'm curious as to why you would need a deposit if you were going to stay on the family share. If you're looking to move on your own, maybe you can fight a little more to stay on the family share until funds permit for the deposit :smileyhappy:
0 Likes