Z3v lollipop update? Should i give up on expecting an update?
Links7o7o7

I know that other variants of the xperia z3 have lollipop and Sony has released their update to verizon. The phone is barely a year old so what is going on where is my update, this type of lack of support is pushing me away from Verizon I pay premium prices for premium phones and services and support. I have been inside a couple of verizon stores asking about the lollipop update and the employees don't hardly know a thing about the device. Verizon please give me an answer can I expect a lollipop or marshmallow update or do I need to give up on that hope just give me an answer to that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Z3v lollipop update? Should i give up on expecting an update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CELSIOR99, we want you to know that we do care. Stay tuned for upcoming software updates for your device here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/LTE/Overview.html

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

My experience with Verizon leads me to believe they will never release an update. I had the same experience with my Galaxy Nexus, a phone that was supposed to get the latest updates as soon as they came out but they stopped supporting it after 2 years. Verizon support tries to convince you that if your phone is working properly there is no reason to want to update the OS. However, I'm sure they don't say that to iPhone users. Verizon seems more concerned with getting you to buy a new phone than to improve your experience with your old one. So, don't hold your breath and start looking at a newer model - or another provider.

Snn5
Legend

I concur about the GNEX...thought it was going to be a game-changer, but then Verizon...yeah.  So anyway.  iPhone gets its updates from Apple.  Huge difference in how Apple and Android update.

vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

True but don't non-Verizon Nexus phones receive them straight from Google? I know at least one provider provided that - either Sprint or Tmobile.....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The Play Edition Nexus' get their OTA from Google.  The Verizon Nexus 6 (I think) and GNex from Verizon.

0 Likes
jr1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has not released anything for this phone. They removed this phone from their website only a few months of introducing the phone. Sony and Verizon (in my opinion) know that this overheating issue is so bad when using the camera or video camera,that they are hoping this problem will quietly go away. They want us to upgrade our phones instead of dealing with a serious issue. I am afraid we are going to be stuck with Kit Kat, and have to use 3rd party applications to take pictures and video with this phone. Lollipop has been out for a while. Other providers have already sent out the update. Where is it Verizon?

0 Likes
CELSIOR99
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a leaked version of lollipop available firmware ending in 509 look for it its been out since September 20th and don't rely on Verizon they don't care at all...

jr1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Based on what I have been told, and other customers have been told, we will probably never see any updates to this phone. Sony put the Lollipop update along time ago. We have never seen it. Verizon Tech Support will not commit to it ever being release. Sony has also put out a patch for the overheating problem with this phone, but we will probably never see that either. You have a manufacturer who builds the phone, but yet they source all software and updates to Verizon. This is the forgotten phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CELSIOR99, we want you to know that we do care. Stay tuned for upcoming software updates for your device here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/LTE/Overview.html

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

CELSIOR99
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you guys care which you don't you would credit my account the 200 I spent on this abandoned phone it's ridiculous and Verizons responses are. If you cared we would not be talking about this. Yes your service is good yes you don't care about z3v owners there is not enough of us. but I have three lines and a huge data package I have paid 4000 dollars in 10 months including our phones hello that's a car. some service and not a patronising or idiotic comment would be greatly appreciated.