YotaPhone 2
tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any chance that Verizon will offer the YotaPhone 2 when it become available next fall? The dual screen is one of the most innovative features I've seen in a long time. I would love to have that phone!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: YotaPhone 2
mama23dogs
Legend

http://www.cnet.com/products/yotaphone-2/#!

I'M a CNet subscriber, so I got the above review of the phone.  I wouldn't count on Verizon, or any other carrier, selling the phone.   I wasn't impressed with the review and too expensive.

I think it will be like the one plus one, which at $300 to start, is a better deal and a proven device.  The one plus one is sold directly from the manufacturer, which I think the Yota will be also.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

One Plus support is terrible if you have any problems.  People complain about carrier support(even though they do not code nor manufacturer devices) is terrible.  There's so many areas where they cut corners to compensate for the lower pricing and that includes inventory costs(which is why they went with an invite system).  There's always a catch 22 for the consumers.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

True.  But those who bought one love the phone.   It intrigues me, but not enough to take the risk.  Given the review and price on the Yota 2, it's a pass.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have not heard one good thing about customer support when something goes wrong, and it happens more than people think which gets hidden of suppressed by the fanboyism going around often.  If you have nothing wrong with the phone it's a great experience for the price, but when you have a slight problem it's the worst you'll ever get due to the fact they don't have enough units to give out let alone exchange support in 99% of the cases.  People have waited 2-3 months to even do their exchanges and have gotten refunds which in on itself took just as long.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Good to know I didn't throw my money away.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here's a for example of how bad it can be.  There are things a customer shouldn't have to do, and they expect average consumers to do things like this.

Oneplus continues to be absurdAfter I told them that the zip they sent didn't…

So one of my OnePluses is having touchscreen issues and support expects me to…

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I've gone over to the dark side, I have 2 Mac computers...

MY son has a Windows, but I don't think he would let me touch it.  Lol.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I use a lot of phones. I am partisan to Android devices, but I would use them all.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh my goodness....with people out there unable to follow simple preparatory methods to simply update Android devices on Verizon, no way would these same customers be able to accomplish what that guy had going on in his G+ posts.