Yet another Nexus arrival date rumor- Best Buy ad shows Dec. 11th
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Hey anyone heard that urban legend about the "mythical Nexus phone on Verizon"?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/verizon-galaxy-nexus-landing-in-best-buy-on-december-11th/

I don't know how much I believe this one. There were Best Buy leaked ads last week still calling it the "Nexus Prime".

Come on VZW at least let us know what the hell you are planning? I only have so much time to return this Razr.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yet another Nexus arrival date rumor- Best Buy ad shows Dec. 11th
bsody

It really is sad how poorly Verizon has handled having Nexus exclusivity.  Now it seems that Verizon has in fact put their own apps onto the phone.  That goes against the point of the Nexus line and against their previous advertisements.  I just wish they would strive to provide the best quality phones to their customers instead of delaying them to ensure they are loaded with crapware that no one wants or uses.    

Those of us who are waiting diligently for the phone to be released are the ones people generally come to for phone advice.  While we nerds are a minority, we can easily sway the purchasing power of the masses.   

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

just an fyi (and really not trying to dash your hopes here).....but best buy actually ran ads (not leaked or rumored, but the ads were in the paper for 3 sundays in a row) for the thunderbolt long before anyone new when it would launch. they even took $50 deposits to hold your order. after 3 weeks, they quit running the ad and refused to take deposits as nobody knew when it would launch.

you will likely know when it will launch, just days before you can walk in and buy it.

0 Likes
techjunkie64

bsody wrote:

It really is sad how poorly Verizon has handled having Nexus exclusivity.  Now it seems that Verizon has in fact put their own apps onto the phone.  That goes against the point of the Nexus line and against their previous advertisements.  I just wish they would strive to provide the best quality phones to their customers instead of delaying them to ensure they are loaded with crapware that no one wants or uses.    

Those of us who are waiting diligently for the phone to be released are the ones people generally come to for phone advice.  While we nerds are a minority, we can easily sway the purchasing power of the masses.   

The two "crapware" apps you speak of are not likely to be the cause of the delay, and they can be disabled... While I totally agree with you, that they should NOT be included on a Nexus phone, I doubt that those two simple applications are the reason for the hold-up.

What concerns me more, though, is that if they are taking this long to "tweak/test" the firmware, how much longer will we have to wait than the rest of the world for updates to the base OS when Android 4.2, 4.3, 5.0 and such come out?  Will Google have the ability to release the firmware with the full CDMA code without VZ delaying it for weeks?  (Yes, I know the alternatives to official releases - I'm on Android 2.3.7 on my OG Droid.)

I'm seriously tempted to go GSM.

0 Likes