Yahoo email not loading
Nettiy9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having issues with my Stratosphere randomly turning itself off or freezing up, so my husband suggested I stop all processes and then restart my phone. This worked great with everything except my Yahoo! email. Now it won't load any new messages. I've tried refreshing, which didn't work, and I can't figure out how to uninstall it so as to then reinstall it. My gmail is running just fine; I am getting new messages on it. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email not loading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Nettiy9,

Thank you for being proactive with general troubleshooting with your device. I understand the importance of making sure your Yahoo email account is accessible 24/7. I have great news! I know exactly how to resolve this. What we will need to do is completely remove your email account and readd. Below, I have provided the necessary steps to remove this account.

Applications
Email
Long Press Yahoo Email Account (If Not Shown, Please Select Menu)
Select Remove Account
Confirm

To readd please follow these steps.

Applications
Email
Add New Account

Once the above steps are followed, you should have no further issues with your email. If issue still persists please let us know, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yahoo mail is a stand alone app that has been updated. Its called Y Mail and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store just type in Y Mail then install it.

After install click on add account, type in your user name and password and if you don't want it to place your contacts from Yahoo in your cell phone just uncheck the sync contacts tab.

The new app works great .

Just use the instruction above from Matthew to remove the older app.

0 Likes
MisterD48

I spent hours trying to delete the account with no success.  What I didn't know was the "long press" on Yahoo email.  It worked immediately. Thank you.

0 Likes