Yahoo email account syncing with Eris
stiprosdoc

Is there a way to sync my yahoo email account (free) with my Eris. After entering the username and password it says I did so incorrectly even though I know it's right? What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email account syncing with Eris
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

stiprosdoc wrote:

Is there a way to sync my yahoo email account (free) with my Eris. After entering the username and password it says I did so incorrectly even though I know it's right? What gives?

You might try this thread.  http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Devices/Yahoo-Email-On-Droid/td-p/111493

I think it was originally for the Moto Droid, but it may help solve your problem.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
According to tech support, it would seem that Yahoo has resticted sync capabilities for the Droid to those who pay for Yahoo Plus, though it still seems to work for other devices. Perhaps it's their way of discouraging users to purchase Google phones?
0 Likes
CherkyB

Yahoo reserves POP3 service for those who subscribe to Yahoo Plus service (which I think is about $20.year).  However, on my Motorola Droid, I have syncing working just fine using their IMAP service. 

One thing to keep in mind with the Yahoo IMAP service is that it will only work when you are connected through a wireless ISP (i.e., your native Verizon 3G data service), it will not work if you are connected via a wifi connection.  This, I believe, is to prevent you from avoiding the $20 yahoo plus upgrade so you can use outlook or outlook express (both of which support IMAP just fine) from your home PC.  If you flip on your wifi for a while, the error message it gives you is a "wrong account name or password" error message, which is maybe not an intuitive error message for this. It'll be right there next to your "visual voicemail couldn't connect" error notification - the other app that doesn't work on wifi.

I think the thread in the first reply covers this.

0 Likes