Yahoo Mail problems on Casio Commando Gz'One
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently my Yahoo mail App has been REAAAAALLLLLY slow and hanging up quite a bit.  When it hangs, another thing pops up to "Force Close" which is what I do when this happens.  For the last week(Since Jan 27th), I have had 3 email messages that I sent to myself sitting in my Outbox.  They refuse to send and I think them getting stuck is really slowing down my Yahoo Mail and causing a lot of Force Closes.  These 3 emails were pics that I took and sent to myself to get them into my Yahoo Mail.

How can I force these 3 emails out of the Outbox?  Or how can I just Delete them from there?  I'm really getting frustrated with the Yahoo Mail app being sooooooo slow and unresponsive.

One other sidebar question about Yahoo mail......the notification tone for Yahoo Mail is a door bell sounding tone and a vibrate.  I cannot find any way to change the notification tone and TURN OFF the vibrate for Yahoo Mail?????  How can I at least turn off the vibrate part of the Yahoo Mail notification tone? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo Mail problems on Casio Commando Gz'One
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really????  No one else has these issues with Yahoo Mail app?  How can I force these 3 old messages OUT of the Outbox?  I've had this happen before and when they cleared out of the Outbox, the Yahoo Mail app seemed to work better.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have you guys tried uses plus.pop.yahoo.com and plus.smtp.yahoo.com?

0 Likes
tahtyanah

Yes. Im having the same problem (notification sound). Not sure when it started happening, but it was pretty recent... no more than a week I would say. I cant figure out a way to turn the sound/vibrating function off. I've changed my notification tone in my phone under settings, but that has only affected my text messages. So I've tried to go to menu withing the yahoo app and there is no option for a notification sound. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and restarted my phone, but with no luck. It may be part of their newest update??? So that would mean it has nothing to do with the phones settings. But its so annoying... I could care less about e-mails, from nordstrom, macys, and the like, at 1 o'clock in the a.m.

0 Likes
tahtyanah

...Oh, and I havent noticed any hang ups or "Force Close"ures. Its always worked pretty well for me.

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Yahoo Mail App problems continue with the Casio Commando.  The recent crop of problems is with the phone NOT syncing or notifying when I have a new email. 

Very often I have to click 'refresh' to get my inbox to show current emails.  It pretty much NEVER notifies me when I have a new email.  The only time it DOES notify(in the status bar at top & with a tone) is when a JUNK SPAM email hits my inbox.  I thought there was a bug on my phone that was causing this, so I ran a scan on my phone from an App from the store.  It came up clean.

How do I get the Yahoo email app to notify with the envelope in the upper status bar and a tone when I have a new email in my inbox?

I'm getting really tired of having to always go in and hit refresh to see what is going on with my email. 

Another thing that the Yahoo Mail app is doing....is it does not always load every email message in my inbox.  Very often, like every other day, it loads the 10 most recent emails then below those 10 it might skip back to messages from 4 or 5 days ago. 

What is up with the Yahoo Mail App not working, notifying or syncing corrrectly???????  This started about 2 months ago and I finally thought to try here.  Anyone?   

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more question about Yahoo Mail app......after one of the recent updates I now have ads at the bottom of the screen.  Is this just how Yahoo Mail app is now or is there a way to get rid of the ad at the bottom of every screen in the app???

The ad takes up space on an already small Commando screen and when the ad loads, it shifts the screen up while I'm already reading the message....annoying!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't use a Yahoo email and therefore the application, I do recalll that Yahoo is supported by ads. So it does make sense in a way that the application itself would have ads in it. If there is a paid version of the app, then the ads are usually removed from that type.

I don't know the settings, but if you can get it to work you can access your yahoo email through the Email app already installed on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yahoo Mail app was NOT supported by ads until the recent HORRIBLE update.  This Yahoo Mail app never had ads on the screen until very very recently.

The Yahoo Mail app is a TOTAL JOKE now....it never notifies of a new email unless that email is a spam email.  I have sent multiple problem reports to Yahoo Mail app to no avail.    Anyone else having the same issues and know a fix for this?  I use the Email app that was pre-installed on the phone for a different email account.  It is marginally better or worse than the Yahoo Mail app.....it always has problems updating......it will send a notification when there is no new email, and not other times when there actually is.  My biggest gripe with the email app is connection server problems being a constant ongoing problem.

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can I remove the updates to Yahoo mail app that I allowed to download?    Someone else I know with the same phone uses the Yahoo Mail app and never downloaded the updates....his works perfectly still.  I want back to that.....how do I get there?????????

0 Likes