Re: YOUR opinion: Best Android device on Verizon
PiperCrab
Contributor - Level 1

Lol Tidbits, how little are you mate? I am 5' 4" and after spending three minutes with the Droid X I can't wait to get my own. I love how huge it is (lol imagine if this was a perv forum). That's probably the main reason I want it lol. The other ones don't appeal to me because they aren't as pretty.

The only other phone I would want would be an HTC Evo 4G (if it ever came over), but even so I still fancy the Droid X. I just wish it had a front facing camera (I still don't know why I even want one when I know I am not going to be using it lol) and a prettier interface (lol I am spoiled thanks to my iTouch with prettiness, but then again that's all Apple is---pretty).

I know I will love the HDMI out especially since all of the teles in the house have it. I love the live wallpapers and also the fact that the phone says "DROID" hehehehehe. I also love that it can hold a memory card (unlike **bleep** Apple products) but I don't like that they made it with only 8GB stock. C'mon people this is 2010; jack up the storage plox. 32 GB would've been perfect but oh well, at least my 20 GB of music will hold.

Let's see now; what else do I fancy? Oh, the accesories lol. By the time I am done I may end up spending enough money to by another 2 Droid X's lmao.

Oh I forgot to add that I love surfing the web when I am outside to lookup stuff and whatnot, so the huge screen will surely be helpful. I am sure it will be a far superior experience to my Dare.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am legally short enough to remove airbags out of my car lol that's how short I am.  You are almost a foot taller than I am.  I am not quite short enough to be called a Midget or "little person".

I just feel the droid X is too much lol  it makes my hands look small.  You'll never see me eat a whopper :smileytongue:

0 Likes
PiperCrab
Contributor - Level 1

Lol mate, I'll hold the whopper for you. Or maybe you can cut it in half.

Another reason I prefer the X is because I hate keyboards. My tablet and desktop have one; don't need another.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

I have concluded and made up my mind.  I will be picking up the Droid 2 when my contract expires with T-Mobile.  Thanks all for your opinions and it was greatly appreciated.

Good choice still. At least you will have a full slider keyboard on the side. What made you choose the Droid 2?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
The preinstalled Widgets, keyboard, phone felt heavier, and overall design of the device. Hardware wise they are similar other than keyboard and screen.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:
The preinstalled Widgets, keyboard, phone felt heavier, and overall design of the device. Hardware wise they are similar other than keyboard and screen.

Cool deal. Also keep in mind (maybe you already know this) you have 30 days to try out a verizon phone. If you don't like the Droid 2 within 30 days you can exchange it for something else.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No i did not. I assumed it would be the traditional 14 days(30 in California).  :smileywink: thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes
Lovelilady
Remember to read the fine print -if you exchange the phone within that 30 "trial" period, Verizon will charge you a $35 "restocking" fee. And you can only do one exchange in that time period.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Exchange New Merchandise

New and Certified Pre-Owned wireless devices and accessories may be exchanged within 30 days. You are permitted to make one exchange. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii). To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like?new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless Online Store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for additional details on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for additional information on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.

Read more here.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

hmm Excluding hawaii? Does that mean I don't have to pay the $35? lol

0 Likes