Xperia Z3v- Apps Don't Work on WiFi
bullfrogmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my Zperia Z3v. It's an awesome phone, but none of the apps work when connected to WiFi. They work just fine on mobile data. My home WiFi works perfectly for my PC & my Roku & my Wii. It also worked just fine with the apps on my old iPhone so I don't understand why this brand new phone would have an issue.

I also tried it on the WiFi at work and same thing- apps were painfully slow or didn't work at all. Chrome seems to work fine on both WiFi's, however.

Can anyone help? I've eaten through 75% of my data already and so I will probably not be able to use my phone for anything other than calling the rest of the month so I don't go over (which I don't think is right).

I like Verizon, but if this isn't resolved, I may have to take my business elsewhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Xperia Z3v- Apps Don't Work on WiFi
Snn5
Legend

I read about the following:

Workarounds:

1. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned off.
  2. Turn the Stamina Mode off. It should be off by default, but you can check inSettings > Power management > STAMINA mode.

Possible solutions:

1. Restart the router and the phone.
  2. Double check that you have the right details and password.
  3. Ensure that you have the latest firmware. For your Xperia Z this should come as an OTA update, but for your router you’ll need to check the manufacturer’s website or with your ISP.
  4. Try changing the channel on your router and make sure that DHCP is on.
  5. Turn MAC filter off on your router and/or add your phone’s MAC address.
  6. Try Sony’s PC Companion. Install on your PC and go to Support Zone > Start > Phone Software Update > Start. If you already have the latest version chooseRepair phone and follow the instructions.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

I read about the following:

Workarounds:

1. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned off.
  2. Turn the Stamina Mode off. It should be off by default, but you can check inSettings > Power management > STAMINA mode.

Possible solutions:

1. Restart the router and the phone.
  2. Double check that you have the right details and password.
  3. Ensure that you have the latest firmware. For your Xperia Z this should come as an OTA update, but for your router you’ll need to check the manufacturer’s website or with your ISP.
  4. Try changing the channel on your router and make sure that DHCP is on.
  5. Turn MAC filter off on your router and/or add your phone’s MAC address.
  6. Try Sony’s PC Companion. Install on your PC and go to Support Zone > Start > Phone Software Update > Start. If you already have the latest version chooseRepair phone and follow the instructions.
bullfrogmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I will try when I get home. However, I can't restart my work's router. It would kind of suck to not be able to use the Stamina mode at the same time as WiFi.

I sure wish Verizon customer service would chime in somewhere. No response here or on FB from them.

This is the first issue I've had to ask for assistance with since switching to Verizon and they are really failing the test. Not to mention you can't get a live person on the damn phone.

Hello, Verizon??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Bullfrogmama,

Having a working device is important! Lets dig a little deeper to get this resolved. What security setting is your home router set to? Try placing the router in "open" status to see if the speed improved. Once the testing is completed, please place the security back on the router.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes