Wireless Emergency Alerts for Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE
6200ft

What plans are in the works to enable the new Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE to receive Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)?

The following page shows how to access the wireless emergency alerts setting for the 3g Commando, but that "Emergency Alert" app doesn't appear on my new 4g Commando, or in the Play Store.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=56514

This came to mind because there were were weather alerts going off on public radio stations in my community today.

Also, there are support materials for other Casio devices, but not the 3G or 4G Commando, at https://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/

Is a page going to be set up with reference materials for the 4G Commando?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless Emergency Alerts for Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi 6200ft,

I am saddened to learn that you are having trouble receiving the alerts and I am here to help! Try this path instead:Apps>Messaging>Menu>Settings>Select the desired alerts. I am confident this information is helpful. We are here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi 6200ft,

I am saddened to learn that you are having trouble receiving the alerts and I am here to help! Try this path instead:Apps>Messaging>Menu>Settings>Select the desired alerts. I am confident this information is helpful. We are here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
6200ft

This works; thanks Ayani!

I hope support staff will update the support website with Commando 4G LTE info soon, including putting it on the list of devices with WEA... but you don't need to reply about that.

0 Likes