Wirefly and 3G to 4G conversion
stonent
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been thinking about getting the Revolution. Last week I let my wife use my upgrade because it was a few days before hers and Best Buy had the Stratosphere for free. So the plan was I use her upgrade when I get my phone.

I've found a Revolution free on wirelfy.com that comes with a charger and car mount. But I'll need to use her number to process the upgrade. It says on the site that the phone will be activated using her number once it arrives so I don't know if that means they'll some how register the LTE sim to her or not.

I don't really know how the LTE registration process works. I was hoping you can just put the LTE sim in and then dial *228 just like you'd do with a normal phone and activate it.

When I upgraded my Eris to a Fascinate that I bought online, it took literally 15 seconds. I turned the phone on, it made me call *228, I entered my number and pass code and the phone was active.

Can someone give me a little more information on the process used when activating an LTE phone when coming from a CDMA phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wirefly and 3G to 4G conversion
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should read Wirefly's policies very closely. If you make any changes to the account (within a specified time frame) used for the purchase of the phone, it may trigger a second ETF charge from Wirefly. The fact that you intend to purchase the phone under one number and activate it under another might be considered a breach of contract to Wirefly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes