Wiping data from a Stratosphere when display is broken

TheBamaFan

The display broke on my Stratosphere.  My replacement arrived to day.  Of course I have to return the broken one.  I use this phone for work and I would rather not have my contacts and saved emails be on there when it is returned.  Anybody know of a way to wipe the data from phone when you can't view the display?

Thanks.

Update:

Is there a keyboard combination that can be used to do a Factory Reset which would also delete all of the data on the device?

Message was edited by: Carey Lott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Wiping data from a Stratosphere when display is broken

Verizon Employee

Hello Thebamafan

I'm glad you got your replacement device. How was your original device's display damaged? If your display still partially works you can try a alternate hard reset. Here's a link to the reset: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47757#alternative

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes

Re: Wiping data from a Stratosphere when display is broken

TheBamaFan

Actually, I'm not sure how it got damaged.  I used it to check the weather early in the morning then put it in my back pocket where it always resides when not in use, touch screen facing in.  A couple of hours later I pulled it out to check an email and the screen would not come on.  The menu, home, return, and search icons lit up but not the screen.  After a while I finally had it at the right angle to notice that there was a crack in the LCD screen in the lower left corner.  The outer glass wasn't cracked.  I hadn't dropped it (at least not that day), but there was a noticeable crack.  It seemed to be in the worst place possible because it kept the entire screen from working.

Thanks for the Hard Reset instructions, but since I can't see the screen at all.  I don't believe it will work.  If you have any other ideas, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks Again for responding,

Carey

0 Likes