I have an HP EliteBook running Windows 8 Pro (64 bit) and I have 2 devices that provide a Mobile Hotspot for me... the LG Spectrum 2 and a ZTE Jetpack (the older model) ... whenever I attempt to connect my laptop to either one of these devices I get "Limited Access" connection that doesn't provide any internet access.
Both devices work just fine with other Windows 7 machines, so I don't know where the problem is. Has anyone had any luck using mobile hotspot with Windows 8? Any tips or tricks that I could try?
If U haven't already done so, check the security settings on Ur phone & comp., make sure they match. When I 1st got my Droid X I had no problems connecting my laptop thru it, w/ WEP (though, thru more research, I understand this is not as secure a setting as WPA / WPA 2). If I tried to connect w/ WPA / WPA 2 it wld., but only to local (w/ no internet connct.), that was w/ 2.0 / 2.1 Eclair. After I upated to 2.2 Froyo it was still the same. After I updated to 2.3 Gingerbread it got worse, as it only has WPA 2 PSK or Open, & my laptop w/ Vista Home Prem. doesn't support that setting, so I have to use Open (needless to say I don't do anything on my laptop that deals w/ any personal info when connected thru the hotspot). Hopefully this will help U or any1 else dealing w/ this.
I know this is an old post, I had the same problem, connected to hotspot but with limited access. So I went to control panel > internet options > content tab and click on clear ssl state...voila...it is working now