Window pop up on phone screen asking for password. Ideas?
jconjason
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lately I have been getting a pop up screen on my Bionic. Its not an internet thing, it looks to be from a Verizon Bloatware program, but I am not sure. Its been more persistent lately. Of course I don't enter my password, like it asks but its very annoying. Any ideas what this is? How to get rid of it?

It does have my number autofilled, but I blacked it out in the picture.

Thanks!!

SJP_4818b.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Window pop up on phone screen asking for password. Ideas?
jconjason
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nobody?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this jconjason! Does this pop up when you are doing anything specific or in a specific application? Did this begin after you completed or installed anything specific? Do you use your My Verizon Mobile application on your device? Please share more details. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
jconjason
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, thank you for the reply!

There was nothing specific I was doing, it popped up randomly. I could be texting, or playing a game, etc. and it would still pop up.

Nothing new installed.

I do not use the My Verizon App, 1. No real need for it and 2. it says "Verizon Login Client is temporarily Unavailable" when I try to load the App.

I am thinking it's Cloud related. Would you be able to confirm, is the screen I posted is in fact the log in screen for Verizon Cloud? I don't use Cloud and have disabled all back ups for Cloud(received the pop up while disabling back ups too.).

Thank you for any and all help you provide!

0 Likes
mrslyfox

Did you ever figure out what this was/is as I'm having the same exact issue.

0 Likes