Will we ever get unlimited data again?
dataentryproguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I'm a semi-happy customer. I'm contemplating buying the Samsung Galaxy S4, but with a phone that great, you really need unlimited data. It gets expensive to purchase more data constantly, especially since my bill is already $125.00. With unlimited data plans on competitors service (starting at $69) how will we do with customer retention?

Labels (1)
Re: Will we ever get unlimited data again?
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

No, so stop making threads like this.

No one needs unlimited data, hook up to wifi it's free everywhere, and that's pretty cheap honestly. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Tell me which competitor has truly unlimited data?  That means without limits where speed is reduced to slower than dialup? And if they are out there, why have you not already switched?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Which competitors would that be? Technically they still have unlimited data for some so they really haven't totally got rid of it yet to even think about bringing it back. First it will go away for everyone. Unlimited( or something closer to it ) might come back in say 8-10 years.

As far as losing customers. Verizon is GAINING customers it's the others that are losing customers. Sure some will switch and then they'll find out all the conditions on their supposedly unlimited data make it not so fantastic.

0 Likes
Not applicable

My vision is that someday the entire world will be covered with WIFI, maybe some sort of satellite signal like GPS.  It would be so cheap, the government would pay for it with our tax dollars and provide unlimited amounts to everyone for free.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What world is that in Fantasyland?

0 Likes
Not applicable

It will happen, but maybe not in my lifetime.  Someone imagined GPS and now we have it.  OTA radio and tv is free and unlimited.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jimfitzgerald wrote:

It will happen, but maybe not in my lifetime.  Someone imagined GPS and now we have it.  OTA radio and tv is free and unlimited.

OTA TV might not last much longer with the FCC asking for more and more spectrum for wireless. Also those are ONE way communications. Obviously that takes much less bandwidth. Obviously takes much less bandwidth to broadcast ONE signal to a million people than to have a million people stream your content.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You're limiting your thinking by today's technology.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Honestly what they come up with after I'm dead really doesn't matter to me. I'm sure in 100 years or even less the idea of a house being connected to an electrical grid will seem odd. Each home will be able to provide it's own power source with advances in solar and other renewable energy technologies. But as I said that doesn't help me. Fantasic for my future great grandkids

0 Likes