Will the Droiz Razr get the kitkat update?
JEWELSGIRL427
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't want to upgrade my phone because my phone works great and I do not want to fork out an additional $600 just for updated software and a new phone. Will the Droiz Razr XT912 get the KitKat upgrade anytime soon? Or is it time to trade-up? Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will the Droiz Razr get the kitkat update?
rcschnoor
Legend

According to Motorola, this phone will not be updated to KitKat.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

According to Motorola, this phone will not be updated to KitKat.

0 Likes
JEWELSGIRL427
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that is just absolute crap because the average working person cannot afford to keep upgrading, especially when they change the software every 6 months!! We just got the jelly bean update not too long ago!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You don't have to upgrade. Having an older version of android on your phone will not make your phone inoperable. Your phone will still work. It may not be able to perform all of the tasks of a newer phone, but that is no different than anything else you purchase.

My 2011 automobile does not have the same capabilities as those of a 2014 automobile. The average working person also cannot afford to keep upgrading, especially when the carmakers keep coming out with new models every year. They upgrade when they want something newer or their older vehicle no longer works. Does that make it right? No. Does that make it wrong? No. That simply makes it the way it is.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
nickyandme
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not correct. My Droid Razor HD is a Motorola and it updated in the middle of the

night Now nothing works!! I hate it. I didn't authorize it and I don"t want it and I can't

find anyone that can tell me howto get it off my phone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What is not correct? The OP was asking about the Droid Razr, NOT the Droid Razr HD.

Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Except for the security vulnerabilities.  There has been a patch for Fake ID since April and yet my Razr Maxx has yet to receive it.

and the fact that not releasing the software upgrade to us is not because it wont handle it, but rather they can make more sales by not releasing it.

0 Likes