Will be looking for a new carrier!!!
Annataylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a customer since 2002.   With 4 phones under my plan. When all of the smart phones became so popular I decided to purchase one. I bought the thunderbolt. I have an unlimited data plan. It works for me since I am on the road so much and hardly ever use to home computer now since getting my phone. Oh Since then I have bought the the Droid Razr maxx. When I bought the new phone I got to keep my old phone and also keep my unlimited data. The salesperson assured me that I would always be able to keep my unlimited data plan since I had purchased it before the plan restructure. So I call tonight about getting an upgrade. Just in this house alone we own and pay for 6 verizon cellphones all smartphone except one. Not to mention our family also has a business account with 5 phones being payed for month to month. The thing that makes me so mad is that my Droid is overheating. All three of them that I have on my plan that are smartphones are the Droid razr maxx. They get so hot in your pocket that it actually feels like you have a hand warmer in your pocket. It feels like the phone is going to blow up and catch on fire. So I called tonight about the problem. We are just out of our warranty period but it is another year before an upgrade. She told me tonight that if I do anything to change my phones and get replacements or even wait it out until I can get an upgrade, I lose my unlimited data plan. That is just bull. I know that sometimes I go over what my daughter's plan is. If I went to a plan like hers I would be going over all the time. That is so unfair to the loyal customers that have stayed with verizon for so many years. It is just there way of tricking the customers to give up the unlimited data plans and then they can charge more. I have paid for 4g unlimited data. Unless they come out with some other 5g 6g or 100z plan my plan should stay the same. unlimited data. That is what I was promised when I bought the thunderbolt and was able to keep my same plan when I had the chance to get a new phone. And when that time comes and my I replace this phone that is going to catch my clothes on fire, I should be able to keep the same unlimited plan. Verizon has gotten too big for their own good. And I will and the rest of my family will have no choice but to look for another carrier that offers unlimited plans........... Because, Verizon there are companies that are offering unlimited data. It is just you guys can not keep you word and treat your customers bad after you get them to sign that contract. My phone is a piece of **** and it will be a amazing if one of us do not get 3rd degree burns from this Droid.......You are making some very bad marketing choices. Because it is not right to promise someone that they can keep a plan then take it away or try to trick us into believing that if we have unlimited data plan and we decide to share with the others on our accounts that we will save money. DO NOT DO IT. IT IS A TRICK! A marketing scam to raise your phone bill. So I guess unless I catch on fire before I can get a new phone I will be looking for another company to provide service for 6 of us.

>> Profanity removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will be looking for a new carrier!!! This sucks
TechZen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anna, you might want to consider this option before you change carriers.  I recently inquired about getting a new device without sacrificing my unlimited plan.  Here is what I got from a VS Customer Service Rep.  The only thing is that you can only purchase two phones at a time on the monthly installment program.  Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Dear Techzen,

Good morning. Knowing your options is very important. If you currently have the grandfathered unlimited data plan and use the Device Payment plan, I am happy to inform you that you may keep your unlimited data plan. For more information regarding our Device Payment plan program click http://vz.to/ZILXBT

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smaruska
Enthusiast - Level 3

The deal has ALWAYS been you keep unlimited if you buy a phone outright at the unsubsidized price or bring your own Verizon phone in to switch onto a line.  This has never changed and I know it was like this from day 1 because I wanted to make sure I would get to keep my unlimited if I did not "upgrade". 

If you want to keep the data then buy a phone outright and activate it on your line.  Or get a lightly used or almost new phone secondhand from somewhere like I did to jump from the contract phone I got to a Bionic.  I got one literally used for 1 month for $200 last year to keep my unlimited 4G and get a better phone.  There are plenty of higher end phones for sale these days because everyone has to keep up with their neighbors for whatever reason...  good deals are out there if you look.  If you do decide to bail I hope you are in a really good HSPA+ zone for T-Mobile and understand that with their subsidized plans your monthly bill will probably go UP with an average of $25 extra per month PER LINE on top of whatever the plan costs. 

If you go to Sprint... good luck with their 3G and almost non-existent LTE.  Last time I ran a speedtest on a Sprint phone around here it was like 400k up and 150k down.  Lol.

0 Likes
TechZen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anna, you might want to consider this option before you change carriers.  I recently inquired about getting a new device without sacrificing my unlimited plan.  Here is what I got from a VS Customer Service Rep.  The only thing is that you can only purchase two phones at a time on the monthly installment program.  Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Dear Techzen,

Good morning. Knowing your options is very important. If you currently have the grandfathered unlimited data plan and use the Device Payment plan, I am happy to inform you that you may keep your unlimited data plan. For more information regarding our Device Payment plan program click http://vz.to/ZILXBT

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
TechZen
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes