Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
Stevez48

Please make this feature available.  This is a huge factor in a significant number of your clients buying the phone.   Disabling a prime feature of the device, is just wrong.

0 Likes
marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has stated that they are “Still evaluating” Samsung Pay.  You can read that as Verizon is trying to monetize S-Pay. They are trying to extract a payment from Samsung in the form of cash or data.  By data, I mean that they want to know what you are buying, where you bought it, how much you paid for it, and when you bought it. This way they can track your habits and sell this information.  There is no reason to “evaluate” S-Pay.  It does not interfere with the Verizon network.  There are no issues with the hardware or software as is evident by the beta test and roll out in both Korea and the US on various other carrier networks. So this leaves one and only one reason Verizon has blocked S-Pay.  They have not negotiated a method to extract some form of payment from Samsung and/or the financial institutions behind the cards.

0 Likes
Bugster
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZN claims to be an industry leader. So LEAD. Let Samsung Pay active.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

what if....

(just speculating here)

Maybe Samsung is doing this to bypass Verizon altogether maybe just having the app out there (rather than requiring an OTA update) and, changing some of their background processes, will give the access to all customers who want S Pay with or without Verizon's consent.

rcschnoor
Legend

This is exactly what I think is happening. Just makes it so it isn't bloatware and it is a CHOICE a smartphone user must make in order to use instead of automatically having it on your phone where you cannot delete it like other bloatware.

I wish ALL smartphone software was like this.

travistyofjustice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence. They could make the software downloadable and Verizon could lock it down again. Here is what I am going to do... I have ordered a phone from T-Mobile and on Tuesday next week I will be doing a check of what the coverage and data speeds compare to be in the areas I frequent and unless there is a huge issue I'm cancelling my Verizon account. If Verizon puts out a statement that they will allow Samsung pay on their network before next Tuesday I will return the T-mobile phone and stay with Verizon. If not for this issue I really love the service.

rcschnoor
Legend

travistyofjustice wrote:

I agree, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

If it doesn't give you confidence, you don't agree. The fact it will be available on the Play Store DOES give me confidence.

0 Likes
travistyofjustice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I probably should have said "I agree, it does sound iffy"

0 Likes
mattythegman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want my Samsung PAY!!!!! And will cut the cord just like TV if I don't get what I want ! Yes I am spoiled and shopping for new phone/carrier

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

travistyofjustice wrote:

I probably should have said "I agree, it does sound iffy"

I ALSO said I didn't know why someone would think it sounds "iffy". It seems you disagree with me as I don't think it sounds "iffy" and it DOES give me confidence.Smiley Happy

0 Likes