Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
Weth
Legend

What is happening here is if you are given a card with a chip, and you try to swipe, the machine tells you must use the chip and does not go through. The swipe would only be allowed if the credit card from your issuer did not have a chip. Swiping is going away, and while I agree Verizon should provide it, it is a dead end, dying technology.

0 Likes
marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

Weth,  that may be true if the vendor has a chip reader.  I have not even seen one in my area however.  The swipe technology will be going by the wayside, but the chip readers are not prevalent yet so the swipe capability is still in use.
As such, by Verizon removing the app they have deprived us from "new" technology or at least technology that is superior to Android Pay and Apple Pay in that Samsung Pay would be acceptable in more places (granted over time that will dwindle).

I did file a complaint with the FCC.  On Friday 9/25 I received a call from Verizon Executive offices stating that someone named Greg (forgot last name) would contact me on Monday 9/28.  No one called that day. On Tue 9/29 I got another call from the Exec Office stating that this Greg would be providing a written response on my complain to the FCC and that I would get a copy.  No copy as of today.

Whatever the response, it will be typical Verizon gibberish.  It will say a lot but never really address the issue.  Belief that Verizon can tell the truth is about as real as the Yeti.  It may exist but there is no proof.

And yes I know only a few Verizon CRs read these posts and that management never does nor does management even care.  But it makes me feel good and gives me the illusion that something good might happen.  But then I believe in fairy tells, pixie dust, unicorns, the Yeti, Santa Claus and Caring Verizon Executives.

0 Likes
IAmEvilHomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every chip reader will except swipe. If you have a chip card the Samsung pay will work. Just gone me the damn Samsung pay verizon

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
ACVrzn

Can you post your FCC complaint letter, I would like to file a similar

complain, too, and ask them to investigate the customer contacting process

to see if Verizon is scamming the FCC responses saying that they contacted

the customer when in fact they are not. Can you add the information on

where to send it..?

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:10 PM, marc10406 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

We have had several places convert over to new machines. If the credit card has a chip in it and I try to swipe, a message comes up on the screen saying I must insert card into the chip reader, and will not accept the swipe.

If a store accepts a card with a chip, and swipes rather than dips into the chip reader, the store, not the credit card company becomes liable for any fraud.

0 Likes
adchouinard
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon this is [removed].. why are you blocking samsung pay?

we all pay good money to be on your network and we want samsung pay!!!

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
BenSalem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Listen.....  I WANT MST. Everyone else on these forms want the same thing. There's a big difference between Android pay (NFC ~1mill locations) and Samsung Pay (NFC AND MST ~30 mill locations). No one wants a limited service. So stop loosing hundreds of good customers. Suck it up. And support [removed] Samsung Pay before you loose more of us fed up customers....

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator
Not applicable

Please see our official Samsung Pay discussion:

Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread

Thank you,

-Joe

0 Likes