Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
pwostran
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are we verizon customers always the last to get anything. This was the only reason i upgraded my phone to a note 5 was for samsung pay. Now samsung is offering a free wireless charger or wallet case if you register before 10/11. So we do not get that deal either. I would have switched carriers if i knew i could not use samsung pay. I could care less if they think their network is the best. How can it be when other have better phones, pricing, and plans and we get the shaft or it takes them 6+ months to catch up. I'm sick of these goose stepping morons saying what we can and cant do with our phones.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it makes you feel better to think so then ok.

0 Likes
gdgetguru
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon.png so this was the message I received (transcribed by google voice) Basically because it came preloaded they opted out. But what about allllll of the other crap that is preloaded onto the phones and im not even talking about the wonderful vz apps. I mean did my phone really need to come with candy crush, IMDb, or even slacker radio?!  But in the vmail they said if Samsung does make it available for download (I guess putting it on google play), then they will not block it once it is installed on the phone

0 Likes
mgauley

According to Can I download Samsung Pay from Google Play ™ store or Galaxy Apps?, Samsung is not going to put it on the Play store or the Galaxy App store

0 Likes
Seadog99

IT is utterly ridiculous that Verizon is withholding access to Samsung Pay to it's Android Samsung users. They are doing the same tactics that the IOS community does by constraining access to functionality, which is one of the reasons allot of their customer move  to androids in the first place. Verizon is or listening to their customer base and will loose customers with this type of attitude.

0 Likes
ACVrzn

Not to mention corporate.. At my company, AT&T is now fast becoming the

preferred wireless service for corporate employees..

Kust shows a poor corporate culture at Verizon when the can't or don't care

about their customer base..

When Apple, Samsung, and other smart powerhouses decide to offer a wireless

service.. Verizon and all other similar mediocre companies are going to

deflate like popped balloons since their customer base is so unhappy with

their troglodite corporate direction and behavior...

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen brother or sister. I just got the edge plus a few weeks ago and I'm about to jump ship because no one is giving me straightforward answers about Samsung pay on Verizon.

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung pay is far superior to Apple pay and Android pay which requires NFC which is accepted at almost nowhere and Samsung pay is accepted virtually everywhere the credit card can be swiped.

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see new credit card terminals that have chip pay credit cards but also at the same time can swipe on the side or insert in the front or tap and pay so they can be all added into one machine

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Samsung pay is a feature not a service so what the fuck. What the customer choose whether they want to use Android pay which is accepted hardly anywhere vs Samsung pay which is accepted everywhere almost

0 Likes