Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rcschnoor I apologize for the conflicting information you received. While Samsung Pay is not currently in our line up we do offer Android Pay. Have you tried it? Please click the following link: bit.ly/1FGhKZ5
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

DeloresK_VZW,

I think you must be trying to respond to someone else because I have no idea what you are talking about. I tried tagging you in this message, but you don't even have a userid in this forum????? New, huh?

For what it is worth, I HAVE tried AndroidPay. Unfortunately, 14 out of 15 places I can purchase things with SamsungPay do not accept AndroidPay. You like to point out how much BETTER the coverage at Verizon is. With contactless payment systems, though, Verizon is DEAD LAST as other providers have about 90% coverage and Verizon has about 10% coverage. How bout THAT coverage map.

The coverage map at other providers has almost a solid coverage map for contactless payment and Verizon has an occasional dot across the US for their coverage!!!!! THAT is pretty embarrassing. I'm sorry you are not able to pay with your VERY LIMITED AndroidPay coverage, have you tried SamsungPay??? Oh, that's right, you can't if you are a Verizon customer. Please click the following link: http://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/?cid=ppc-

IAmEvilHomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon you have to stop this stupid auto response Android pay. We all know about Android page. You're not stupid Apple users that don't know about technology

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What in the world was the point of trying to be disparaging towards Apple users just because Verizon isn't giving you the info you want? I completely agree that it would be more helpful to either provide info on this or not say anything at all, but it's extremely childish to try and deem others intelligence levels as low just because they choose a differ be device than you.

Tidbits
Legend

You guys know how useless this thread is right? A user to user forum. This is nothing more than ranting and the persons whom are to make the choices to either buy in or not will not be here to listen to what you guys say. Why don't you email the regional presidents. Send petitions or whatever what not and ensure you'll be heard. 

I will say it one last time. If there was no buy in then Verizon couldn't do this and Samsung could do what they want. Since there is a buy in there is no protections because Verizon doesn't have to buy in if they don't want. Chances are Samsung has it as a buy in simply because they don't want to pay the associated fees they are being charged so they pass the buck. Just because the other carriers are willing to buy in doesn't mean Verizon should too.

0 Likes
IAmEvilHomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think childish to me would be somebody responding to evil Homer on a verizon blog but what would I know.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

So you created a user name that is supposed to be able to post on a user forum yet no user is supposed to actually respond to him/her because....they chose to name themselves evil homer? Rhetorical. You post, people can and will respond.

0 Likes
IAmEvilHomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel sorry for poor old verizon. I'm glad that big strong companies like Sprint AT&T and t-mobile can handle the cost. This is a feature I want and was promised when I bought the phone. All Samsung advertising included this and I use Android pay a lot. Get over your protection of Verizon

0 Likes
IAmEvilHomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Holy crap you're an idiot.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If Verizon ends up not supporting the feature and it's important to you then by all means, show Verizon exactly how you feel by taking your business elsewhere. To the best of my knowledge some carriers are still buying out contracts so that makes the decision to leave a little easier (assuming their coverage fits your needs). At the end of the day the only way to really show how important the feature is to everyone that bought their device in order to use it is to show Verizon that your dollars cab go elsewhere. And if they don't care...that's fine, because you will be able to use your device as you intended to with your new carrier. It still seems to be up in the air if Verizon will be supporting Samsung Pay or not but if you don't want to wait for them to make up their minds or announce whatever they have already decided then you have options.

0 Likes