Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
rcschnoor
Legend

Threesk8 wrote:

I know iPhones have bigger market share, but would you say they couldn't use Apple Pay?

Verizon doesn't have a choice. IF they want to sell iPhones, they have to allow ApplePay. Samsung obviously does not have the same fortitude as Apple.

TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

New tweet from

Will Graylin

@wgraylin

Global Co-GM Samsung Pay, CEO LoopPay; ROAM Data; WAY Systems; EntitleNet;

"soon to be down loadable on Google Play for Verizon customers. Hoping in the next week or so."

Will Graylin on Twitter: "@KochharPulsar soon to be down loadable on Google Play for Verizon custome...

rcschnoor
Legend

This is outstanding news! I am looking forward to giving this a try.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will Graylin

@wgraylin

Global Co-GM Samsung Pay, CEO LoopPay; ROAM Data; WAY Systems; EntitleNet;

"soon to be down loadable on Google Play for Verizon customers. Hoping in the next week or so."

-=----

I appreciate Samsung's Mr. Graylin's comment, however, until I hear it from a Verizon Executive (not some CR), I cannot accept it.  If true it will no doubt be after the Samsung Promotion for registering a CC with Samsung Pay, so Verizon can mess over their customers and deny them promotional items   and services from Samsung.  Just like they did with Microsoft and others that were exclusive to Galaxy S6 and Note 5 owners.

Verizon does not allow us to purchase Samsung Insurance for our devices as they have their own over priced option,  They did not allow us to participate in the 100 GB of Cloud storage offered by Microsoft (free for 2 years), wanting us to pay Verizon for their overpriced cloud storage.   We were not allowed to participate in the Beta testing of Samsung Pay.  And we have not been allowed to start using Samsung Pay when everyone else can.

It is as though Verizon goes out of their way to upset their customers.  Any small business that treated their customers like Verizon does would be out of business in no time.

Verizon you may want to remember an old adage:  "The bigger they are the harder they fall."

0 Likes
pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow! Thanks for the info from Twitter. Maybe light at the end of the tunnel!

0 Likes
Edge2Edge6

Sounds kinda iffy. From Google play? I'd believe it if he said galaxy app store hence it comes from samsung

0 Likes
andevellicus
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of the main reasons I bought a G6 was because of this feature. Please support this.

srt8lewis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, there won't be a download in Play store it will come in the form of a OTA update so that information about being in the play store isn't true. Verizon should be announcing something but they are not. darn shame.  If anyone hears then update.

Loader187
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just thought about this.  If Verizon does actually push it through I bet the reason why they took so long wasnt money but it was branding.  I bet they want there name somewhere just like they do to the back of my damn phone.  Smiley Happy lol.

So when you check out it will say 'Samsung pay on Verizon' lol

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Edge2Edge6 wrote:

Sounds kinda iffy. From Google play? I'd believe it if he said galaxy app store hence it comes from samsung

Not sure why this sounds iffy???? Google Wallet was first available on Verizon via Google Play. LoopPay, which is the same as SamsungPay is ALREADY available on Google Play if you purchase the LoopPay device. Samsung simply has the device already incorporated into the phone(s).Smiley Happy

0 Likes