Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
69R69l
Enthusiast - Level 1

I been with VZW for over 8 years, I have five lines with them as of now, If they screw us on Samsung Pay,I will leave in a heart beat, they came out with Isis aka softbank to compete with google wallet which did not go nowhere, now you are dragging your feet on Samsung Pay, this is not how you do business, for once VZW can you get your head out your behind and listen to the consumer for once, trust me it won't hurt.

caolan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll also switch to AT&T or T Mobile if the samsung pay is not offered from verizon. Both lines on my account are out of 2 year contract now and I'm waiting to see if you are going to offer this service or not.

brelaxed13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to start a class action lawsuit. Are there any laywers here? Do we have legal grounds?  I am so sick to of this. I just got my Note 5 and I am furious. When I called and threatened to take our 30 lines and run because of this, after about 40 minutes a Supervisor got on and promised me there would be an update today 8/20 that will get the phones ready for it by the 9/28 samsung pay launch date. No update yet. If I don't get it by COB, I  am done. You guys don't want to give us all of the OEMs features,  DISCOUNT THE PHONES TO COMMENSATE!  Why should I pay  a premium for a watered down phone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

brelaxed13 wrote:

I want to start a class action lawsuit. Are there any laywers here? Do we have legal grounds? 

See the following. Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

brelaxed13 wrote:

I just got my Note 5 and I am furious. When I called and threatened to take our 30 lines and run because of this, after about 40 minutes a Supervisor got on and promised me there would be an update today 8/20 that will get the phones ready for it by the 9/28 samsung pay launch date. No update yet. If I don't get it by COB, I  am done. You guys don't want to give us all of the OEMs features,  DISCOUNT THE PHONES TO COMMENSATE!  Why should I pay  a premium for a watered down phone?

Samsung Pay isn't even available yet. Whether or not Verizon will support it has not yet been decided as they are still evaluating the product which has not yet been released. POSSIBLY after it has been released you will have a reason to complain. Then again, IF the service is that important to you, maybe you should have waited until AFTER the service was released to make your purchase.Smiley Happy

Snn5
Legend

Credit card, debit card, check, NFC, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, cash, Google Wallet.....plus now you have insurance cards, loyalty cards, discount cards, virtual keyrings, and whatever else on the phone.  I mean, come soon, if someone loses their phone, they might as well have lost their wallet or purse.  Best to keep a $20 in your shoe.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Of course you have to be able to unlock the device in order to use the payment system on many, if not all phones. That and the ability to wipe the phone remotely if it is lost lowers the risk. That and the practice of having "virtual CC #s" for payments made with your device. I feel fairly secure in my use of Apple Pay AND Google Wallet/Android Pay.

Loyalty cards, I don't really care if someone else uses it. Those cards give ME a benefit based upon the use of the card. The more the use, the more the benefit. If someone wants to use MY loyalty card in order to give ME a benefit, more power to them. In fact, in many instances if the person in front of me in line does not have a card in order to get the loyalty card discount, I will offer the use of my card for them to do so. They get the discount, I get the added benefit from the additional use. Win, win situation here.

Of course I ALWAYS have a couple of 20's, if not more, in my shoe, too.

robotray

Verizon needs to stop "evaluating" Samsung Pay and support it quick. I don't see why Verizon wouldn't support Samsung pay since their service (Softcard) has been bought out by google.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It isn't all about similarities...there are some differences involved as well.

0 Likes
Rich_DB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously! [removed], Verizon, get the hell out of the way and support Samsung Pay!!!!!

Content removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You know how Blackberry and Windows are hardly supported on Verizon, mainly because there is little fanbase?  Apple Pay is a big thing because Apple is a big thing.  Google Wallet is a big thing because Google and Android are big things.  Samsung is big, but it is still one company with a service only available on their devices.  If Samsung Pay takes off on the other carriers, perhaps Verizon allows the software update.  We don't even know which Samsung devices will be compatible yet, and the bank selection is fairly sparse.

0 Likes