Will Verizon replace my phone with a better one after having to warranty it out multiple times?
Eolnolatari

I have had the S4 since February 2014, and have had to warranty it out 3 different times now. First time (original phone) was for a programming issue that did not allow me to save pictures to my SD card and install programs or updates this was 91 days from the date of purchase.... The second time was for the actual SD mount on the back of the phone - it was broken when I recieved it from the Like New Replacement Program. I was told in June on 2nd go around, by the Verizon Tech Support staff member that because of the issues, that I would be able to get a substitute device if I had trouble and had to warranty it out again. Third time, two days ago, the like new replacement they sent me started to randomly restart and got warm to the touch just while sitting in my pocket at work and at home. The only thing that was new to it was my Galaxy Gear Watch that I bought and had installed with no issues.

When I spoke with a different Verizon Tech yesterday, I was told that VZW would have to go through Samsung to see if they would issue out a different device if they could not repair or determine the cause of this issue, or I could just accept the like new replacement they were sending me. I am not happy because I spent good money on this phone in February, and the S5 came out in mid March - and here I am struggling to understand why I keep getting crap for a phone.

VZW - What is the exact policy, cause I am getting the runaround. If I dont have a straight answer, how can I trust the company to do business with me and provide me a product that is going to work? And why must you go through Samsung? Your company sold it to me - shouldn't you guys be able to make a decision with out a third party involved? I just want a phone that works!

Robert

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon replace my phone with a better one after having to warranty it out multiple times?
Eolnolatari

Got a REPLACEMENT LIKE NEW DEVICE from Verizon on Friday last week, worked fine for about 2 days... Phone is still restarting randomly.@Verizon.. Im getting extremely tired of this! @VZW What is going on with my device???!!!

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon replace my phone with a better one after having to warranty it out multiple times?
yfhjfjooyte

VERIZON - take care of the man. We're all watching.

0 Likes
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am on my third S4 in 3 weeks. First overheated and fried itself to death. Second overheated to over 104 degrees 20 minutes after activation. Within a week it deteriorated to dropping from 100% battery to 17% in 45 minutes, and becoming hot enough to BURN. Third I had for only 24 hours before it overheated on my way home from work, frying the sim card reader. I am 48 hours into having no phone because it won't read a sim card, and verizon only wants to send me another S4. I swear, the S4 gets so hot, I can't believe it doesn't start a fire. I don't WANT another defective S4! I AM AFRAID OF THE DAMN THING. Samsung only offered to evaluate my phone (which would take 2 weeks, and I'd be without a phone).

I've gone to stores, chatted, ranted on social media, AND BEGGED someone to help me. Verizon is taking my money for monthly service, and then creating a situation in which I cannot use the service unless I shell out MORE $ out of pocket for another device!

0 Likes
phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that you MIGHT get a different device as a replacement if you yell and scream enough and talk to enough ACTUAL supervisors.  You can get another device, but it is at their discretion.  Normally you will keep getting the same device until they deplete the inventory.  The Certified Like-New Devices aren't always so bad.  Sometimes a device is returned because someone just doesn't want it.  It can never be sold as new, at this point, so it ends up the in the same pile.  There will obviously be duds in there, too.

I'm sorry that you've had such a bad time.  My suggestion is that you speak with someone and continue to escalate until you actually get someone who is willing to work with you or can give you a compelling reason for the "no".

0 Likes