Will Verizon ever get Samsung Galaxy s6 active
Foomil

WWill Verizon eventually get Samsung Galaxy s6 active or will it always be exclusive to AT&T?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon ever get Samsung Galaxy s6 active
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

The S6 Active is exclusive to ATT.  ATT has less than 10% of the global smartphone market.  Your number would be impossible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sorry, you won't like my answer, but I asked this of a Verizon representative and I was told "Verizon never had the S4 Active, nor the S5 Active and will not be getting the S6 Active." 

As an alternative phone that is dust/waterproof with good battery life and premium features, I am hoping Verizon does get the Sony Z3+ soon as has been rumored.

Verizon Upcoming Devices: Sony Xperia Z4, HTC Desire 526, Apple iPad Mini 4 And LG G Pad X 8.3 Relea...

0 Likes
Foomil

dang that does stink!  Smiley Sad  I was waiting for it. Is the Sony Z3 supposed to be as good as Galaxy?

0 Likes
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, you are going to run into a lot of opinions and disagreements whenever you ask that question about any smartphone. 

In my opinion, the Sony Z3+ is better than the Samsung Active.  The Z3+ looks more like the S6 and other premium phones than the tank-like the S6 Active.  Both the S6 Active and Z3+ are equally dust and waterproof.  The memory and RAM are the same between the Z3+ and the S6.  The S6 has image stabilization on its camera and the Z3+ has more megapixels (20 vs 16) than the S6. 

Honestly, as I got frustrated about Verizon not getting the S6 Active, I looked around and was surprised to find the Z3+. It is a dang good phone.  Then I did some more digging and found someone saying Apple does a lot of marketing, Samsung offers carriers a big commission each time a carrier sells their phone and Sony doesn't do the marketing or the commissions so they have this great phone, but we Americans buy what is marketed to us and not what distinguishes itself based on high quality characteristics. 

So, that is my two cents.

0 Likes
Not applicable

SanRafaelDad wrote:

Honestly, as I got frustrated about Verizon not getting the S6 Active,

The two to blame are Samsung and At&t.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Lifeproof makes a case for the S6.

0 Likes
Foomil

That is probably what I will end of doing but the battery on the active is a lot bigger than S6.    .

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Portable battery pack

0 Likes
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am tired of having to settle for rugged phones with mediocre performance (e.g. casio Commando).  Finally, Samsung makes a rugged phone with flagship performance and Verizon elects not to carry a version of the phone.

I almost feel Verizon has a level of contempt for people who work and play outside.  Verizon just doesn't get it.  The reason Verizon doesn't sell many rugged phones is that the models they offer are junk.  I think sales of the ATT S6 active will prove me right.

I would have dumped Verizon except for their rural coverage

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So. What is wrong with getting an S6 and putting the Lifeproof case on it?

0 Likes