Re: Will Verizon ever get Samsung Galaxy s6 active
Dhawken
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya the trapdoor is in the regular s5

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The regular S5 is water resistant and looks very different.

this is the regular S5...

note the it doesn't have the bumpers on the corners And has a smooth rounded back.

image.jpg

kaiserjulio

Unless I was lied to when I got my S5 Active you are wrong

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Take a picture of it and share it with everyone. That's how people will know or not.

mama23dogs
Legend

Which of the above pictures does the S5 look like?  It's hard to miss the difference as the Active has rubber bumper all around.  And the S5 active would not work on Verizon, or other CDMA carrier.

0 Likes
XEROX6947
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to buy active or rugged phones. Really wanted the s6 active for battery alone.  I'll consider the Sony over S6 now.

0 Likes
Jdplus3

CONSPIRACY THEORY: Ok, so many people buy the Assurion Warrenty for their smart phones.  Assurion calculates their risk and profit based on the percentage of water damaged phones, which are highly salvageable and can easily be refurbished and given out as a warranty phone.  If Verizon carries the S6 Active, a greater number of the warranty claims will be for smashed/destroyed phones that cannot be refurbished thereby blowing the whole warranty scheme. What do you think? could that be why they don't offer "rugged" phones?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

LOL.  Interesting.  I have my own:  Samsung likes ATT better.   Really look at the records.  All the exclusive phones go to ATT.  ATT has the white 64 GB Note 5, Verizon doesn't. 

HMmmmmmm.   Makes you wonder.

rcschnoor
Legend

Jdplus3 wrote:

CONSPIRACY THEORY: Ok, so many people buy the Assurion Warrenty for their smart phones.  Assurion calculates their risk and profit based on the percentage of water damaged phones, which are highly salvageable and can easily be refurbished and given out as a warranty phone.  If Verizon carries the S6 Active, a greater number of the warranty claims will be for smashed/destroyed phones that cannot be refurbished thereby blowing the whole warranty scheme. What do you think? could that be why they don't offer "rugged" phones?

Can you explain why OTHER carriers have the S6 Active, then??? The other carriers ALSO use Assurion as their insurance carrier. Do they not calculate the risk with THOSE carriers????

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Still post on ATT forums.  There is about one post a week about the new S6 not living up to its "rugged" reputation.

SAmsung replaces the port covers for the previous active devices and will replace the S4 and S 5 once, due to water damage.

I call it a false sense of secunity that no one with any sense will test....

0 Likes